Inventory transfer in case of cancelling account?

Suzy Linette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heya everyone!

friend of mine plannin' to leave SL cause shes not havin' enough time in RL anymore, and interesting question came up connected to that.

Shes wishing to transfer all her stuff, the complete inventory for me before cancelling her account, cause she would hate to waste all the money she spent in SL, instead shes bein' so cute to ditch it on me.. so is that possible? I mean its obvious shes havin' no transfer items, but since she and her account will be gone completely, can she give away her inventory like this?

thanks for the answers ^^

4 answers to this question

Not possible (or at least not legal) for the no-transfer items.

Anything else, sure. She can give you any inventory item that is no-transfer, can give you all her L$ balance, and can sell you her land, if she has any that can be sold and that you are in a position to buy.

A short term option on no-trans items that can be rezzed in world, like a bed, is to have her rez it where you want it, set the item as "anyone can move", and possibly set the item to a group that you belong to, and that will still have enough members other than her to exist after she leaves. Then you can still use that bed, or whatever, until you end up leaving that sim. If you need to move to another sim that isn't attached visibly to your old one, you would not be able to take the bed with you. But if, for example, you lived on the Mainland, you could "move" the bed to the new sim, if there was a flying path connecting the start and end points in the trip.

thank you for the detailed answer dear ^^

I was wondering if this non-legal stuff is true for the "other type" of no transfer things too?

I mean some no transfer things simply not letting themself to be trantsfered to another person's inventory, and some saying "are you sure you want to transfer this item?".. maybe Im not using the correct term, but the two type of objects both saying in the inventory "no transfer"

any ideas on that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.