when I am in a place where there are several avatar I freez and its started when I updated sl.

Uri Morpork

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It is almost impossible to advise you without knowing something about your computer.  Areas that have many avatars always have more lag than areas with none,  but most people's machines can handle the lag without freezing up.  I suspect that you are either using an older machine or one that's not designed to deal with an environment like SL.  Please add information to your question so that we have a better idea of what to advise.

Rolig is right....

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

=====

Your graphics settings within the viewer can have an enomous impact on prefermance. Open Preferrences, select the Graphics tab, and take a screen shot of your settings. Now change the settings to LOW.

Use the Viewer Stats Panel to watch how perforance changes. (Ctrl-Shift-1).

Now enable or adjust graphics features one by one toward the setting you previously used, refreing to the screen shot. Change one, observe your perfromance readings, change the next. You will find some setting hit your performance hard. Others have almost no effect. You can manually tweak the settings for the render appearance and performance you prefer.

Shadows and draw distance seem to have the most impact for most people. But, each computer is different and some hardware is more efficient rendering Sl than other combinations.

If you are unframliar with the various rendering terms for an explanation look at: http://blog.nalates.net/2010/12/17/graphics-tweaking-for-second-life/ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.