How to make the "Flying Denied" sound from playing when you hold down the fly button?

Lightesword Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently bought a jetpack that allows "flight" in no fly areas. Now I'm allowed to fly in these no fly areas as long as I have the roleplay means. So my jetpack allows flying with a limit. However requires I put the E button held down.

So when I am zipping around, I get "dadadadadadadadadada" as an annoying sound effect, basically SL saying "You can't fly." Can I turn this off in debug or something? The sound chaps my cookies.

Editted:

SOLUTION:

I figured out how to fix the sound. Even though what Lindal Kidd says is technically correct, it's not what I was precisely looking for. I did some digging, took a bit, but I found it.

1 answer to this question

I'm sure someone will chime in here with whatever obscure Debug setting controls this.

But in the meantime, are you aware that you can override the "No Fly" land setting without a gadget like a jetpack?  It's in the Advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D), check Always Fly.  (It may be called something different but similar, depending on the viewer you're using.)

This may eliminate the bonky sound.

However, I'm sure you are aware that flouting a land owner's preferences can be risky.  People who flit about in No Fly parcels can find themselves banned by a testy land owner.

EDIT:  L:ightesword commented, "thank you for your help. But I'm saying I am allowed to use the jetpack on this land. The problem is how the jetpack works. Essentially it allows me to jump high as long as I have the E button held down, the longer I hold the button down, the higher my jump. But I get that annoying dadada sound in the process from the sim having no fly enabled."

Yes, yes!  But that's my point.  Go ahead and wear the jetpack as a prop, but don't USE that jump feature.  Override the No Fly zone with your Advanced menu setting instead.  Since you won't have to hold down the E key, it won't be making repeat keystrokes and you won't get the sounds.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.