I lied about my age and now I can't access my accounts.

Nuesha India

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I stupidly lied about my age to gain access to a Hogwarts Role Play school. I had no intention of doing anything unsutiable for my age group. However, prior to an email I recieved from Lindens lab explaining that my account could no longer be accessed, I could not log on. It told me that If I had any problems, to contact support@secondlife.com, so I did. Only to find, that once I sat and wrote out a long and appologetic email, it told me none of the emails sent to this address were read. Great! So I came onto secondlife.com expecting their to be some form of help. I began to write out a ticket, but apparently my account type would not allow me. So now I am writing a thread in the hope someone will reply. I think it is rediculous. There is no fast and efficiant way to get help. I have to wait untill a member of the public answer my question. Does this not suggest Secondlife are lazy? I will have no problem switching to Teen second life, I just hope this matter is resolved before they cancel my account. In the email they sent me, they told me that if no age verification is sent, my account will be cancelled. I obviously can't sent age verification. I know I sound like I'm completely blaming second life, but I'm not. I know I am to blame for lying in the first place, but I have already appologised my ass off in the email I sent them - and they won't even read it! -sigh- Basically, finally, my question is, How do I ask Lindens lab to not cancel my account, un-ban my IP/laptop? I can't find any direct way of contacting them.

/me applauds LL for this.

Now, go to your parents and tell them what you did and appologise to your fellow household members who cant use SL anymore. If your parents and/or fellow household members will think it's worth the hassle they will take care of it.

Yeah, well I didn't lie about my age and get my whole household banned from SL, so who is the dumb one?

Spelling is spelling, doesn;t mean I am dumb.  Intelligence is not measured by how well you spell. Some people on these forums have english as their second or even third language, get over yourself.  Correcting people and calling them dumb does absolutely nothing to endear us to you.  To me you sound like a spoiled little brat.  There is such a thing as respecting your elders or don't they teach that in the UK?  Well apparently they don't have fax machines, so maybe not?

Nuesha said:
74. 02-Apr-2010 20:18 up-10x10.gif in response to: Nuesha India
Re: I lied about my age and now I can't access my accounts.

Pickle soup, http://www.glossary.com/dictionary.php?q=Puting

Maybe you should do your research before you correct people.

Glad to see she was obviously correcting herself there!

do as I say not as I do LOL

"Soon you will be gone from here old man"

...cause everyone knows the first thing a pedophile is gonna do is lie about their age to get on the main grid... then when banned from secondlife is go to the forums and make a big huge stink about it drawing all sorts of attention to themselves including LL.

Photobucket

ok, lets say you're right just for the sake of discussion and you revealed their true age and gender - it's between them and LL bud... don't mess yourself up claiming a good intention too. 

food for thought as you report them, and this coming from someone who isn't judging the OP or you for anything, as stated I merely reply to points raised... note what is highlighted in red - rules can be a double-edged sword.  Be cautious in accusing, and avoid speculation that could be entirely incorrect.   Again, just food for thought in the hopes cooler heads will prevail.

The Community Standards sets out six behaviors, the 'Big Six',  that will result in suspension or, with repeated violations, expulsion  from the Second Life Community.

All Second Life Community Standards apply to all areas of Second  Life, the Second Life Forums, and the Second Life Website.

1. Intolerance

Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's  Community Standards. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame  individuals or groups inhibit the satisfying exchange of ideas and  diminish the Second Life community as a whole. The use of derogatory or  demeaning language or images in reference to another Resident's race,  ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is never allowed in  Second Life.

2. Harassment

Given the myriad capabilities of Second Life, harassment can  take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner which is  offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, constitutes unwelcome  sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, or is otherwise likely to  cause annoyance or alarm is Harassment.

3. Assault

Most areas in Second Life are identified as Safe. Assault in  Second Life means: shooting, pushing, or shoving another Resident in a  Safe Area (see Global Standards below); creating or using scripted  objects which singularly or persistently target another Resident in a  manner which prevents their enjoyment of Second Life.

4. Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with  regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information  about a fellow Resident --including gender, religion, age, marital  status, race, sexual preference, and real-world location beyond what is  provided by the Resident in the First Life page of their Resident  profile is a violation of that Resident's privacy. Remotely monitoring  conversations, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs  without consent are all prohibited in Second Life and on the Second Life  Forums.

And even if I was an old perv. My 'plan' to get into TG by pretending to be fourteen wouldn't work. LL wants proof of age before I can even play SL again. Therefore, if I wanted to get into TG, I would have to send them age verification to proove I am under eighteen. So your theory sucks, dude.

Is this Pep's daughter?

By the way, how the way the majority of the 'mature' adults have handled this is disgusting, your answers are somewhat reactionary and little more than unintelligent. This is a 14 year old, who I think has shown more maturity, integrity and intelligence than 90% of the adults in here, you should feel ashamed and embarassed and before you come back at me, it's your arrogance that stops you from seeing that your behaving in a more immature way than the OP, God some of you adults grow up, your attacking a young woman who is merely asking for solutions. Luckily some have given her good advice.

Well in all honesty it seems like you are trying to solve this without getting your parents involved. In a post you wrote:

"I don't think my parents would allow me to send my actual passport."

If you had told them, you probably would have phrased it differently (or not asked at all) and that post is just a few hours old.

Anyhoo,...I'm not telling you how to deal with your personal life. I believe you wanted advise on how to get unbanned? Well you got my advise. My advise is let your parents deal with it since they are unfairly banned (not you). With the apology (preferably with flowers bought from your allowence) you can do it with class and might trigger your parents to put in a good word for you with LL which might increase your chances to have your account transfered to the teen grid.

Now if you told your parents and they need advise. I think it's best if they would start a thread because we wouldnt have to explain not to send your actual passport or where to find faxmachines and what they do.

Just admit you are in way over your head, let the grown ups deal with it.

This entire thread makes me weep for humanity. This is the most pathetic, ridiculous, immature, petty and astoundingly idiotic thing I think I've ever seen here. This girl wanted to know how to verify her account so she can move to the TG, accepting the concequences of an action that she made - And all you creepy old degenerates do is hound her about everything from her parents to the truth of her identity, even accusing her of being a child predator!? Hell, this is just disgusting. Give teens their own forums so they won't have to deal with this garbage.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.