I lied about my age and now I can't access my accounts.

Nuesha India

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I stupidly lied about my age to gain access to a Hogwarts Role Play school. I had no intention of doing anything unsutiable for my age group. However, prior to an email I recieved from Lindens lab explaining that my account could no longer be accessed, I could not log on. It told me that If I had any problems, to contact support@secondlife.com, so I did. Only to find, that once I sat and wrote out a long and appologetic email, it told me none of the emails sent to this address were read. Great! So I came onto secondlife.com expecting their to be some form of help. I began to write out a ticket, but apparently my account type would not allow me. So now I am writing a thread in the hope someone will reply. I think it is rediculous. There is no fast and efficiant way to get help. I have to wait untill a member of the public answer my question. Does this not suggest Secondlife are lazy? I will have no problem switching to Teen second life, I just hope this matter is resolved before they cancel my account. In the email they sent me, they told me that if no age verification is sent, my account will be cancelled. I obviously can't sent age verification. I know I sound like I'm completely blaming second life, but I'm not. I know I am to blame for lying in the first place, but I have already appologised my ass off in the email I sent them - and they won't even read it! -sigh- Basically, finally, my question is, How do I ask Lindens lab to not cancel my account, un-ban my IP/laptop? I can't find any direct way of contacting them.

Okay, firstly to everyone. I am really sorry. I understand I am being snappy. As sad as this sounds, the hogwarts roleplay school means alot to me. If I'm not able to get onto Secondlife again, I will be really upset. You all seem to think I am not sorry for lying. I AM! I am beating myself up over it. I am so angry at myself. Believe me, I am sorry. And everyone can stop telling me I'm a stupid little 14 year old kid who broke the rules. Don't you think I know that? That's why I'm on here asking for your help to fix it.

Secondly, Negotium Quan, if you are going to criticise me, atleast learn to spell advice and passport. My eight year old sister can spell both of those words.

"I find it stunning HOW people are actually trying to help this 14 year  old who messed up. Shame on all of you! "

Maturity comes in many forms; adults are not immune to messing up either - often times with good intention; age is relevant only to LL, not myself in reply; speaking personally i'm not here on SLA to judge anyone but merely  answer questions as posed, fact is I can tell the difference between utter frustration and attitude.

No shame felt here, no belittling either.  She messed up, big deal - show me someone that hasn't on the odd occasion.

Because we dont know if her parents know she was in SL and wheter they are ok with it or not. Niether do we know what she did in SL. The advise people gave her would be ok if this thread was started by one of her parents but right now I get the feeling you are helping to hide this from her parents.

Nuesha,

You don't have to fax the copy of your passport. All you have to do is take a picture of it and send it as an attachment in a ticket. This should be easy as long as you have some way to get it onto your hard drive, either get it developed and use a scanner or just transfering it from a digital camara if you have one. I know this because I had to do it once myself.

Of course, this will only help if you used your actual rl info when you signed up, I would assume from the e-mail you received that they want to make sure you are who you say you are.

That was the case with my problem as my account got link to someone elses because i stupidly signed on to their account to adjust a hat for them... lol. Then, when they had some payment issues with LL about a month later, they got their account blocked and guess what... so did I... go figure.

Also, you will want to include in your ticket any alts you may have as they are probably blocked as well. As for anyone else that uses the same PC as you, they will probably have to do the same for their accounts as well. And they'll probably need to do it even after the IP is no longer blocked... but that's just speculation.

I sincerly hope that you are able to get this worked out so you can enjoy yourself on the teen grid; just take it step by step and try not to get frustrated. =)

Hope this helps... Dres

She can read the FAQ.  She is here not for help in solving the problem, she is here to try and solve it without telling her parents.

You make it sound like she broke a vase or something.  Real Life people can go to Real Life prison over interacting with a minor in the Adult grid.  And at least in the US, you are Real Life branded as a sex offender for the rest of your Real Life.  Yep, get your name on a shiny website and everywhere you move to you have to register so they can, in turn, let the public know.

And even though people have tried to tell her what needs to be done, she gets snippy and pissy with them because it is not what she wants to hear, even correcting one person's grammer.  I would have no problem hearing that she is not allowed on either grid until she is of proper legal age, 18.  If she were my child that is EXACTLY what would happen.  Sounds harsh?  If she were my child I would have known what she did before the ban happened.  14 years old and her internet access is unsupervised?  I would probably have a few choice words for her parents as well.

Azure Twine, to me, you just look stupid. Just go ahead and assume my parents don't already know. My parents will not 'punish' me for puting 1990 instead of 1995 just so I can fullfill my nerdy obsession in a hogwarts role play school. (^.^ Yes. I'm cool.) Maybe you should stop ranting about what you would do, get your ass off the computer and exercise those parental skills you seem so proud of, instead of complaining about what I am doing wrong. I KNOW I DID WRONG. Telling me I should be punished isn't solving the problem.

It really shows you merely answer questions as the are posted (without considering you are dealing with a 14 year old) otherwise you wouldnt have helped her to find public fax machines. Merely answering questions works 99.99% of the times, in this particular case you should have considered who you are giving the info.

I was going to let this pass, because you have many people adequately handling your issue, .but I could not let this just go by.  We most certainly can judge your maturity and remorse based on your snippy replies to people who are responding to you.  As for spelling and grammar mistakes?  Some people are dyslexic or have other issues, it doesn't mean they don't have valuable information to pass along.  A mature individual would recognize this, and be kind.  You should apologize immediately, young lady.  You might as well get used to it, you have a lot of that in your future.

This sounds like some fishy lie. The OP is can no be a 14 yr old and def not a female. He sounds like some old dude who did some bad stuff in SL. No 14 yr old types like this, the attitude he portrays ( yes I call this a HE ) looks like someone wants to pull everyones leg create some forum drama.

If someone gets mac/ip banned, there was something very serious involved, and I hope this pervert stays of SL for good!

ffs.

I am not her parent, i'm not going to pretend to act like her parent. Whatever issues she has remains... between her and her parents.

In ALL cases I will not judge anyone - between LL & God (in this case her parents) the sitting in judgement position has already been filled and I don't need the self-imposed drama of deciding anyone elses wrongs given the above.

ps, the info i provided is public record a 2second internet search provided the OP has complete access to.

Last comment - read this:

"This sounds like some fishy lie. The OP is can no be a 14 yr old and def  not a female. He sounds like some old dude who did some bad stuff in SL" -

Complete and utter speculation - all of a sudden a thoughtless 14yr old girl is a aged pedo or w/e.  Which is where judging without knowing gets us, and i refuse to take the bait.

LOL wow, did I hit a raw nerve?  If you would get your head out of your bum you will see that I also answered your question as well as many people here.   And no, you didn't "mess up".  You seriously need to get that what you did was not like breaking a vase.  Your little lie could have caused some very serious problems for people who do not even know you or have any responsibility for you.  The thought of a 14 year old in the adult grid scares the hell out of me.  There are things that make me cringe and blush that happen in the Adult grid.  Exposing a teen to such things out of context could be very traumatizing.  YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT

You had your question answered, over and over again!!  Tell your  parents for god's sake and let them help you sort it out.  That is part  of their job!!

You seem to be waiting for some magical answer  that will allow you to avoid telling your parents.

I did my parenting, thank you very much.  When my children were 14 they did not have unsupervised access to the internet.  Well at that time I think it was more the Bulletin Boards you dialed into rather than the internet. They are fully grown adults and guess what, even now they take responsibility for their own actions.  You want people to treat you like you are more mature?  Then act more mature!

For God's sake Nuesha! You apologize for being snappy and just a few lines after it, in the same answer, you go ahead with your snapping again. Quit that attitude if you wanna get some real simpathy here, kiddo! You are 14, you messed up as many of us have done at your age, and I am not going to judge or lecture you for that.  But also; you are  being EXTREMELY annoying here. Sure, some of the folks answering your post  (myself included) may type grammar/punctuation mistakes in their answers. But NONE of us has their accounts cancelled/banned/whatever,  for breaking SL TOS... I can't help myself but wondering, what's more regretable?

Yes, I am an snappy adult unable to deal too kindly with snappy, full-of-attitude kids

No you are a guy and you are getting your rocks off by this attention here. Don't matter what you say - you are a dude, a old dude not even remotley trying hard enough to act like a " female"! You insinuated some sort of " age rp " in this very forum, and yes the LL read these as well. It is not the spelling, it is your choice of words which give your old sack away.

You may can fool some people on here but not me, and I think this thread should be closed and I will request for it to be done!

Azure Twine, you said this -"...even though you teens think us old folks are dumb, we aren't!!", which is fair enough, but then you said "even correcting one person's grammer." Isn't it ironic that you said you weren't dumb then you go ahead and spell Grammar wrong? ^.^ I mean, spelling Grammar wrong, on it's own is quite funny, but just after you said you weren't dumb.

are you underage and were on the main grid...or are you an adult that was playing in the teen grid ...your OP doesn't say...your best bet is to start from scratch and don't lie this time

oops..just read through more posts and see your claiming  your a teen...just start over...or try another game until your  old enough to play on the main grid....i really doubt LL will be very helpful in solving your issue....good luck

Attitude only gets attitude in return... a lesson to be learned. 

Lesson two - don't mess-up cause all that does is give people the right to say 'you messed up' and its you that allowed that to happen.

Take the advice, fix the mess, and leave this thread behind cause now you're not a 14yr old girl who wanted to attend a hogwarts thing, according to some your an old guy who does bad things in real life.  Such is life on the sl forum, get used to that too lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.