Scifi/Cyberpunk Recommendations?

Thomas Acres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, I've been roleplaying for awhile and I'm trying to find an active scifi/cyberpunk sim where I can roleplay a cybernetic/android/possible cyborg. 

I've been looking around and stumbled upon Remnants of Earth, however it seems they are currently temporarily defunct. In the meantime, could anyone help me find a sim to roleplay in?

*goes into a corner to cry about the state of sci-fi/ cyberpunk RP in SL* sadly I hoped to find this for years and have not had any success ... it is all supernatural-urban those days and real cyberpunk is nowhere to be found. Even more so if one of the requirements is that no meter is being used. However, I would love any suggestions myself since many RP sims does not manage to become known wide enough and close down because those who would love to play there never become aware of the sims existence.

I would like to RP in a Cyber/Scifi Roleplay sim but Insilico Metro doesn't allow non humans plus alot of RP's I seen or been too are non-meterd thats a turn off for me I rather have meterd Roleplay cause ParaRolepay to me is very boring. I don't want to write paragraph after paragraph and watinf for the other person to Write out thier reponse. but thats just my Opinion

:smileyvery-happy:

One of the problems with cyberpunk type sci-fi is the owners of some of the larger sims. Unfortunately, though they drive off decent roleplayers with their antics, they are propped up by store sales and other large income sources, meaning that their "rp-sims" stick around and remain just as toxic and abusive as ever.

By contrast, the smaller, often more friendly cyberpunk sims are in the typical rp sim situation of struggling for funding and likely going under at the first dip of player numbers.

Perhaps when we move to "second life 2" there will be a reckoning.

Remnants of Earth was not cyberpunk, it was a revamp of Age of Ruin which also was not cyberpunk. It was more Borderlands meets overpowered Admins meets werewolves and pear shaped dipsticks with their wangs hanging out. It was not cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk is pretty much dead in SL. Insilico does not have active daily sandbox roleplay. Insilico Metro seems interesting but I'm leaving my opinion on the sidelanes (if it floats their boat then more power to them). It is, however, the only thing even remotely related to a cyberpunk atmosphere.

Hangar Liquides looks amazing but has no community.

Many sims in the past have advertised as being cyberpunk but are chock full of vampires, Chuck Jones characters in power armor, magic, etc. I've seen sims attempt but fizzle out quickly, usually right before allowing the onslaught of wide-eyed cartoon fuzzballs into the sim and completely shift the ambiance.

I've seen this pop up before, I've had conversations in world over the years about the sheer lack of 'punk presence, but it really feels like the community is too small to really support a full blown sim.

CD Projekt Red is producing an AMAZING looking game with one of the godfathers of 'punk.
When it hits at leasts there will be something out there to really play in the genre...and when it does it may inspire a sim to open.

But it'll end up being full of magic, vampires, werewolves, and cartoon characters. I highly doubt at this point we'll ever get a real cyberpunk sim (or even another GOOD shadowrun one...)

Unfortunately the problem with cyberpunk is hte genre itself, it has come to be associated with all manner of dark future/dystopian scenarios that tend to stray heavily from the actual thematic elements of the source material. Then it gets fishy with people trying to add in their own unique twists that start to amalgamated into some weird Star Trek meets Chobits environment or wasteland future with cybernetic vampires. Just my opinion, I'd much rather have a sim dedicated to an actual source than someone's 'take' on it...only because experience has served that such things leads to cartoon pointy wolf faced things wearing stormtrooper armor.

That being said, I'll take a look at Merced...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.