Sign in to follow this  
JulietValentina

Crack Den

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently just discovered an amazing RP location called Crack den, also known as The Den in SL. It's very organized but you must be a signed up member to acess and engage in the roleplay. It says that I may role play as a "CD drifter" till my application is accepted. Does anyone have an idea of how to do that, because I'm still quite confused.

Hey there Juliet,

First off, I personally started my time as a roleplayer in CD and I still remember being where you are now, about 2 years ago.

Roleplaying as a Drifter means you can be on sim and participate in most roleplays, but there will be some restrictions unitl you are fully accepted.  CD's roleplay is backed by a computer system, and being a drifer means the police wont be able to arrest your character and use the system to book your character into jail (you can be ticketed tho), the doctors wont be able to check you into the hospital (you can still be treated by fire department medics though), and you most likely cant sign up for a job just yet (you still can roleplay inside a business as a customer though).  What it boils down to, and this is the case in most sims, before your application is accepted you may roleplay but you must limit your roleplay to more milder things, nothing that would be considered "crazy" or "wild" or could potentially get out of hand until leadership have reviewed your application and are satisfied you are able to handle unrestricted roleplay priviledges.  Yes, you may roleplay hanging out with your friends, roleplaying dining in the restrauants, maybe roleplay drinking in the bars, roleplay exploring the cities, but no fights, no attacks, no robberies, etc and basically no doing something that'll either get you arrested or sent to hospital.

A Drifter, by the way, is someone who is moving from place to place.  Basically means you just moved here and you are not sure if you will or be allowed to remain for long yet.

As per applications, they are only checked from time to time by a limited number of high up individuals and usually there are scores of pending applications at a time.  If you're lucky you might get an answer within a few days but I've heard of many cases where an app doesnt receieve an answer for up to three weeks.  Apps are also computerized and the computers have and may at times go down.

Additionally, once your application is approved a new tag and additional group invites as well as notification by IM will be sent to you, also by a computer through a "bot" (avatar a computer conducts business in SL through).  Sometimes, these things will fail to go through and you will need to check using the reinvite board in the OOC area.

For questions regarding the CD sim in particular, you are far better off contacting a CD staff member or using their own forums.  This forums here is for everyone who rp's in SL-many ppl have never even heard of CD before.  Asking a question in the CD OOC group is acceptable as well.

A roster of CD Staff members can be found here: http://thecrackden.com/help

The CD forums may be accessed here: http://thecrackden.com/discuss/

As a disclaimer, I am NOT a CD Staff Member and have no authority to speak offically on their behalf.  I am speaking to the best of my knowledge, but you are best off speaking to a Staff Member for most accurate, official replies.

Hope this helps! :)

~Marty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.