hey i need so help making friends

exzackly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone thx for reading this.

i need help making friends in world. first idk where to go to find people to chat to the only two places i go to is london city wich not many people chat there and the second place i go to is giggles beach but almost every person there is to hit on girls or vise versa.

the other problem i have is after i say hi and how are u i dont know what to talk about next sometimes normal i look at there profile first but sometimes theres nothing there so its hard to start a covertion if there is nothing i can open with ya know.

ive tried seaching for things i like in web seach but every time its eaither a shop or no ones there so that doesnt help eaither.

got any advise for me

I've often been to London City and, at the main meeting spot (perhaps it wasn't the one you tried), always found enough people so that one or more public chat conversations were ongoing; and while they may sometimes feel “cliquish” to outsiders, every single one of their participants surely felt like that at first, so... just stick around, eventually you'll feel like chiming in at the right moment.

As for conversation openings, saying “hi, how are you?” will usually suffice for the most social types that'll be just as eager to chat about pretty much anything; if you see someone with a blank profile, or one that doesn't give you anything to open with... then just don't chat with that person. Not everyone is meant to get along just fine.

to have something to talk about, go do something interesting!

Some of my favorite things:

1. go explore little music clubs with nice DJs

2. explore interesting new places (see the destination guide for cool spots, then put a few favorites in your profile, then ask people what cool places they have found.)

3. go shoot zombies at Grimly's. It's silly fun.

4. Learn how to build or script. There are many places you can learn

Now you are interesting and people will flock to you. And if they don't you will say "GOOD! I'm having too much fun to sit around talking!"

I can give you one tip, talk about the things going on around you first. No one likes to feel interrogated or put on the spot about themselves.  Once you have talked a little, go in search and look for things new...a club for dancing is always fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

exzackly wrote:

hello everyone thx for reading this.

i need help making friends in world. first idk where to go to find people to chat to the only two places i go to is london city wich not many people chat there and the second place i go to is giggles beach but almost every person there is to hit on girls or vise versa.

the other problem i have is after i say hi and how are u i dont know what to talk about next sometimes normal i look at there profile first but sometimes theres nothing there so its hard to start a covertion if there is nothing i can open with ya know.

ive tried seaching for things i like in web seach but every time its eaither a shop or no ones there so that doesnt help eaither.

got any advise for me

Hi Exzackly.  We have a group called the Breakfast Club.  We meet every sunday at 8 AM SLT for SL breakfast, music, chatting and general fun.  Check out this thread, then come back here. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Upcoming-Events-and-Activities/The-Breakfast-Club/td-p/2121889  We would love to see you at breakfast!  Watch my SL Feed @ https://my.secondlife.com/hippie.bowman about 6 AM SLT for the location of the week.  Hope to meet you!  This goes for anyone in this thread also!

Peace!

Hi Exzackly.  We have a group called the Breakfast Club.  We meet every sunday at 8 AM SLT for SL breakfast, music, chatting and general fun.  Check out this thread, then come back here. 
We would love to see you at breakfast!  Watch my SL Feed @
about 6 AM SLT for the location of the week.  Hope to meet you!  This goes for anyone in this thread also!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman

Thanks for the suggestion about The Breakfast Club.  I too am looking to meet new people.  I'm over 6 years old but haven't been on for a long time and ALL my old friends no longer exsist or come on anymore.  so sad. 

Have any other suggestions? 

Arden Sirnah wrote:

Hi Exzackly.  We have a group called the Breakfast Club.  We meet every sunday at 8 AM SLT for SL breakfast, music, chatting and general fun.  Check out this thread, then come back here. 
We would love to see you at breakfast!  Watch my SL Feed @
about 6 AM SLT for the location of the week.  Hope to meet you!  This goes for anyone in this thread also!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman

Thanks for the suggestion about The Breakfast Club.  I too am looking to meet new people.  I'm over 6 years old but haven't been on for a long time and ALL my old friends no longer exsist or come on anymore.  so sad. 

Have any other suggestions? 

YAY Arden!  I am looking forward to meeting you at one of the breakfasts!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.