What are good places to go to after clearing all caches?

Lisa Matthews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had to clear all my caches and now it seems i can not see my avatar at all, im a orange blob, My inventory is coming in very slowly.. I was wondering if any one had any ideas of places i could go to and see if it works or possible help with why its not letting me stay logged in.. Thanks

3 answers to this question

hi

yes its normal to log back as a cloud, you caches is now downloading.

if its slow, restart your internet.

and check your shape and hair base is loaded.

if not reload them, if you get message, still downloading outfits, you still downloading, go to a emply sim, there be low lag there, so your download will be faster.

enjoy SL

byee

You have two questions rolled into one.  First, about bake fail, your orange cloud problem.  Clearing inventory cache is not a solution. In fact, it may make the problem worse temporarily because your avatar camnnot rez fully until inventory in the servers has finished syncing with your local cache.  The best soltuions for bake fail are here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

Now, if you HAVE TO clear your cache for some reason and need a quiet place to rebuilt it, any unoccupied sim will do.  The best places to try are Linden-owned water sims on the Mainland.  Furball, Smith, Pooley, Aqua, and many others will work, but you can make your own list by opening your map view sometime and looking at the mainland for water.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.