has deviated

DeMarco Galthie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry, my English is not my native language, so it is difficult to be clear. I do not mean the technical part as mappings, file extensions or something. I mean the freedom to create without having to tow objects created by the formality stores. I am not against entrepreneurship but feel a depletion in the power of individual creation. I refer to the "do different" not "do the same".

I don't understand what are the limitations. The last criticism against individualism I remember concerned universal mesh sizes. Since this is the creation forum I think you must be speaking of something else since the universal styles were to make fabrication for more people possible, not prevent deviation in creation. Just to speak on that note, I feel this, or any totally noramlizing trend (mesh feet perhaps) would not be as fantastic as 'doing your own thing'. I try to live IRL doing my own thing, but I think there will always be limitations to freedom from within ourselves, and also from society. Best thing I find is to do my best with whatever presents itself.

I *think* it means "it's a shame that so many people use mesh templates such that all shops are effectively selling the same thing" but I could be wrong.

Either way "SL" has not lost it's direction in that respect, it's case of supply and demand and skill set.  If you want something different, make something different.

Are you talking about standard sizes?

Anyone is free to make any thing. No one has to conform to standard sizing, most don't. SL hasn't moved away from creative freedom.

Have you tried Google Translate to see if it givse you hints at the words you may want to use?

DeMarco Galthie wrote:

I meant
that the
stores
impose
forms of
body parts
feet
breasts
and even
the whole body
But do not
condemn
, they
just use
spaces
left by
LL

Oh, you definitely have a point there. The answer is that (unrigged) mesh clothing is stiff and inflexible and doesn't follow the avatar's body shape the way system clothing (which is simply a set of tecture layers) does. There was no way the clothes designers could make mesh that would fit everybody so they had no other option than to go for a few standardized shapes and sizes.

Fortunately it seems fitted mesh fixes this, at least to some degree.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.