Add Particle effect when click on object.

bateliii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know how to explain it, so I added a picture to let you understand what I mean.

2.jpg

okay, this is what we see when we click on something in sl. There have been times I've seen that people have another particle when they click on an object. Something very beautiful, looks like a light color. Or smiley face ..  I understand you can change the particles if we want.

I want to know how to do it, I need to use with script and add effects ?

I really would love to know more about this thing and get directions.

3 answers to this question

What you are seeing is the "selection beam."  This isn't a function associated with an object, but with your avatar.  Any time you select an object, a beam of particles appears, connecting your hand and the object.  It's supposed to be an aid in building to let you know what you are working on.  It continues as long as you have the object selected, and stops when you close the edit window.

The selection beam can be turned on and off in Preferences or in the Build menu.  Just where that is done depends on the viewer you are using, but look in the Advanced tab to start with.  In some viewers, it can be further customized to produce different looks...the Firestorm viewer, for example.

In the "stock" SL viewer, it's turned on and off in the Build menu.  Here's what the Knowledgebase says: 

Show Selection Beam - The selection beam is the line of particles you see when you are pointing at and manipulating objects. The feature is on by default, but if you think it gets in the way, you can disable it: Choose Build > Options and uncheck Show Selection Beam.

The selection beam cannot be controlled by a script.

• Like 1

hi

you may like to take a look at Caledon, you can get help there and there classes.

Help at Caledon Oxbridge University

Help. Lessons. Tutorials. Assistance. Helpers. New. Support. People Helping People. Free Clothes. Building Area. Mentors. Guide. Guides. New Residents. Learning. Learn. Fun. Activities. The Independent State of Caledon Community Gateway.

and if you wish to build they can show you how, and there free 3D building sofeware, one call Blender, there Blender classes here in game and a group.

hope you check that out, remenber, what you make you can sell in game by uploading your work to SL.

and at Caledon they tell you how to sell, on markey place.

enjoy the game

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.