Role Play Sim Development Team is looking for Investor!

Piper Mureaux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interested in becoming part of a sim development project, but lack the connections to build/create on your own?

We have the time and expertise, but need solid funding for a new role play sim project.

Our sim development group consists a great amount of team members, including:

Well known and experienced sim builders (including builder from City of Concord when it was flourishing) - mesh building/roads/scripting, etc..

Experienced Game Masters for Police, Fire, DOT, DOJ, Criminal, and Government prepared with group infrastructure

Estate Managers for PST, EST, and the EU time zones

Experienced Moderators all well versed in role play etiquette and democratic moderation

Rental Manager with experience managing over 200 rentals across 6 sims - peaking at 98% occupancy which substantially offset tier 

The team has all worked together on past projects and has a great working relationship.  The lack of a high quality role play environment has brought us together again to meet demand.  But we need a financial backer, preferably someone who enjoys roleplay, and would be a presence on sim.  The initial city layout has been established, rules have been written, etc. 

If you are interested in financing, either in whole or in part, please contact Eric Montgomery (Piper.Mureaux) in-world or reply to this posting. Contact by email is possible too. Send your email to pipermureaux@gmail.com. Details can be discussed with the team for further information.

Pictures are available for view of the quality which we are trying to reach. http://www.flickr.com/photos/willszym/sets/72157629310786857/with/5535925889/

Thank you,

Eric Montgomery
Project Lead Developer

Does your business plan incorporate contingencies regarding the potential consequences on the SL economy of Ebbe's disastrous announcement of a "BetterWorld", and the inworld economic recession that it is likely to provoke?

Father "Silly me, you probably don't have a business plan, do you" Jim

That subject has been taken into consideration. As Linden Lab's CEO slipped "We are working on a next
generation virtual world. It will be in the spirit of Second Life." As yes, I have been reading the statement.
Also Mr. Altberg states that Second Life still will be a virtual world/community filled with active users,
who are remaining loyal to the Second Life concept. As I notice myself.

Time has yet to tell what will happen to the economics of Second Life when this new world, as Mr. Altberg introdced
will be launched. But, we must realise that that world will not be of the ground in a matter of days, but rather years.
Untill then it is our/my goal to uptain a high standard on roleplay, where we can import this as a whole
into the new world, when the roleplaying community is ready for this.

If you are looking for the simple answer. No. There is not a documented business plan. Though, I am not setting out an incorporation with a main focus with financial benefits. What I am looking for is someone with a dream, a vision, someone who is willing to dedicate time and effort into this project, to get the roleplay community - based on urban roleplay - up and going again.

hello there, i understand you are looking for an investor? i might be interested, i do have a solid job in rl and it pays very well. i do buy a lot of lindens sometimes so much so that i creep into the millionaire lifestyle on SL. please let me know as far as numbers go, what would an investor need to spend and what are the benefits to being the silent investor ? i love to hang out with wealthy sl people and just have a good time, even if it means hanging out at jim norton's for coffee and gossip and maybe a coffee flavored muffin. 

It might be helpful if you went on a bit about how your project will be different than the other First Responder sims in SL.

I'm sure there are many people like myself who visited several "First Responder Roleplay" sims and found them to be technically accurate but "Role-Play Lite" - so if you could present a case for attracting literary "para" RPers for ongoing and non-crisis-related roleplay - it might draw more players as well as experienced players willing to Invest.

Just a thought, and I wish you much luck in your project!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.