Second life is bugging out on Windows 7

SkittleS Galaxy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to run SL on windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition with an NVidia GForce GTS 250 graphics card and my drivers up to date. Whenever I log in my avatar is completely black and my face is missing. I've tried the things on the little wiki site and they didn't work. I'm not sure if I messed seomthing up because it worked for about 5-10 minutes when I installed it before I started messing with my appearance. So is there a way to reset everything to default and if that's not the issue does anyone have any advice?

6 answers to this question

Try turning off "Vertex Buffers" in Preferences - Graphics - Advanced. You will eventually need to activate "Custom Settings" before you can access the Advanced settings in that dialog.

Eventually also try a Rebake - See Advanced Menu on your SL menu bar (You might need to activate it first by pressing Ctrl-D on your keyboard)

Cobra

Actually its under Preferences > Graphics > Hardware Options

Also, I am running NVidia driver file 185.85 (ver 8.15.11.8585) and it runs terrific, so uninstalling the latest version and backing up a few might be what is needed. I have heard some of the later version had issues. You can find the previous versions on the NVidia site.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.