Get Rid of Default "Hello, Avatar!" Message?

Sugarlips Shackleton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Am just starting with SL scripting and find it curious that everyone would seem to get the default "Hello, Avatar!" message every time they create a new script. If everybody else lives with this I suppose I can too, but I'm wondering whether it might somehow be possible to modify the default script to avoid this incessant repetition. I might also, for example, want a different default message rather than deleting it altogether. Can the default script be modified, I suppose that's the essential question. Another one would be whether such a default message is actually needed, and if so why. Thanks.

Sugarlips.Shackleton wrote:

One or two people have said something about putting frequently used things at the top of the list, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Create a script you want to use as your default. Name it with an intial asterisk or other low-ascii character, like "**default script". Drop it into your main Inventory folder (not in a subfolder.) Change the view option of your inventory not to sort all folders at the top. Done.

Change the view option of your inventory not to sort all folders at the top.

Change the view option of my inventory not to sort all folders at the top ?!

I didn't know you could do that !!

This changes things completely, but I'll have to see...

Right, fantastic. Not preferences but inventory menu, Sort > System Folders to Top OFF. Now I can make my own folders and they list in the same alphabetical order. No more having to put everything in "Objects", great, thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.