Accidently clicked "Cancel Account" when looking through account links

Adam Sitoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I am messaging you to report that earlier this morning I had accidently clicked the "Cancel Account" link under the account section while I was browsing through my account.

Would there be a way to stop the pending cancelation so my account does not become canceled?

Adam Sitoko

20 answers to this question

Can I uncancel an account?

Yes!  Do this if your account is pending cancellation or has already been  cancelled:

1. Login at the Support Portal and click New  Ticket Submission.
  2. Select Ticket Type:  Special Questions.
  3. Select Basic or Guess  Access: Account issues.
  4. Select Basic Account  issues: Cancel/Un-Cancel Account.
  5. Fill in the other  details as-appropriate and click Finish >> at the  bottom to submit your ticket.

Yes.  Yes there would.  On your account page as a matter of fact.

When you choose to cancel the account it doesn't actually cancel until the next billing period, so unless you cancelled on the day you're normally billed you have until that day to reverse it.  I understand that raising a ticket within 60 days of the account being cancelled or contacting Linden Labs support line during that period could also resurrect a deleted account.  Only missing BOTH these deadlines would result in the account being deleted beyond recovery.

Get ye hence to your control panel page, where you'll find an option to stop the cancellation, or if you can't find it, raise a ticket.  All is not yet lost

Ooops... At this moment I cannot find in yhe KB the document of my previous post

I only can find this:

My account was cancelled and I'd like to reactivate it. What should I do?

From Second Life Wiki

Second Life Wiki > Knowledge Base > My account was cancelled and I'd like to reactivate it. What should I do? (Redirected from My account was cancelled and I'd like to reactivate it. What should I do)

Jump to: navigation, search

Template:Needs Translation/KB/esTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/elTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/frTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/heTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/itTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/koTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/nlTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/huTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/noTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/daTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/svTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/trTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/plTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/ptTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/ruTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/ukTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/zh-HansTemplate:Needs Translation/KB/zh-Hant

/KB
100px-Kb-seal.png
This article is part of the Second Life® Knowledge Base. Although Linden Lab can't guarantee its accuracy, as part of the Knowledge Base it must meet high quality standards, and designated Reviewers must approve any changes. You can edit this article and make it better! Learn more.

If you have cancelled your account, there is a chance that we may be able to restore it upon your request.

Depending on the length of time during which you account was cancelled, we may or may not be able to restore your account. Even if we are able to restore your account, there is a chance that the inventory, land, and/or L$ previously associated with your account may be unrecoverable. If your account can be successfully restored, we will charge you a US$9.95 reactivation fee.

To start the process, contact our Support team with your request.

When I do that, it doesn't allow me to submit a ticket - I have a basic account and this is the message I recieve when I click "Submit Ticket"

Although your account type may not give you full access to our support team, you may find an answer to your question by presenting it to other residents!  Visit SL Answers here.

have you used the correct ticket type?

1. Login at the Support Portal and click New   Ticket Submission.
  2. Select Ticket Type:   Special Questions.
  3. Select Basic or Guess   Access: Account issues.
  4. Select Basic Account   issues: Cancel/Un-Cancel Account.
  5. Fill in the other   details as-appropriate and click Finish >> at  the  bottom to submit your ticket.

here, this will help...

Tickets for Basic and Guest Accounts

When you're logged in as a Basic account holder or Guest,  you should only use the Special Questions - Basic  account or Guest Login ticket type. Any other support ticket  submitted will be ignored.

Some issues are best resolved by submitting a ticket to our support  staff, but we don't currently offer full support ticket access to Basic  account holders or Guests (visitors who don't yet have Second Life®  accounts). We're sorry; there are just too many of you for us to handle  in a way that would make you happy. It's something we're working on.

icons_parature_caution.jpg Important: Many of the ticket choices  explained below have additional fields that you need to fill in  before submitting the ticket. If you supply us  with as much relevant information as possible, we will be better able to  help you. For example, if you get an error message, include the text in  the ticket.

Ticket types for Basic account holders and Guests include the  following. Some topics are linked to more information where you may find  your answer quicker, so click that first:

Remember, be sure to use the Special Questions - Basic  Account or Guest Login ticket type from the dropdown list when  entering the information requested.

Click here to submit a ticket.

And you can read befores cancel account a clear advice. Example for me now:

Still Want to Cancel?

If you still want to cancel your account, click on the cancel button below. You can reactivate your account by 02/14/2011. Your Second Life name, avatar and inventory items will still be yours if you reactivate before 03/16/2011. You will need to create a new account if you decide to rejoin Second Life after 03/16/2011.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.