Sign in to follow this  
dalocogamer

Walking through mesh building creation

I uploaded a mesh building I created and found that I am not able to walk through the opening of the building. I might have skiped a step in something but right now my mesh building is being as solid as a cube.  Its simple 1 room building with a door way that is big enough to fit through. Did I miss a step somewhere?

You need to be sure to do two things:

1.  Make the physics model for your building have holes in places where you need to walk through (like doorways) and

2. Set the building to PHYSICS_SHAPE_TYPE_PRIM in the Features tab of your edit tool.

If you don't have openings to walk through, you're out of luck, and if your model is set to shape type CONVEX_HULL, the openings will be treated as if they weren't there.

I might have uploaded wrong. I am not able to set PHYSICS_SHAPE_TYPE_PRIM. I am not givin the option for PRIM but I am given for Convex Hull. I selected it as a building componet when getting it uploaded. Link a prim and setting that prim to root didn't help either. I went through the building but not the root prim.