Firestorm I hear no music

Xysemo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In firestorm  I can hear every sound without the music played at different places. I've now tried two different comps and the problem is still there. In preferences within firestorm I've turned on everything related to music and stream. There is nothing wrong with my soundcard or anything.

Normal viewer from second life works with music, but NOT firestorm. WHY is this??

I'm sick of this, and think I will ditch the firestorm viewer for Linden labs viewer for the time being. Linden labs viewer have no problems at all with music and sounds. Really annoying and disappointing that firestorm got this issue. A quick google search tells me I am not alone.

I've been using Firestorm for years now, and rarely have issues with my music/sound.  You say you've set your preferences so everything to do with music is on.  Does that include the music filter?  If that is enabled, you have to click allow when you go from parcel to parcel to allow the sound to play.  Make sure that is box isn't checked off and try again.  

If that isn't the case, I don't have any other suggestions.  Not to knock the LL's viewer, I just don't find it user friendly in my case.  Good luck, and enjoy your SL

Cheers

Autumn

Two questions.

Are both computers running through the same router/modem?

Are they both running the same Anti Virus / Firewall?

The fact that music is not running on either computer points to a Firewall blocking the SL Plugin.

Thank you all for your advices. I will try them for sure.

But on the bottom line... firestorm shouldnt have these issuses since Linden viewer is working perfectly. 

Using Firestorm only means:  you have to tweak it at once to get it to work properly.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.