Mesh Breasts

sarastip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In RL I am a 34B bra (no, this is not soliciting gifts :)) I have made my avatar very much like myself, with approximately the same size and shape boobs. They look pretty good and very much like me, but they could be better, particularly the nipples.

I have heard about and seen (in marketplace) the various types of mesh boobs. Those that I have seen in the marketplace look like they are DDDDDD cup and not very realistic, just big. I am wondering - for an avi with smaller boobs like mine would the mesh look better or more realistic or am I better sticking with the system ones that come with my avitar?

Also, with added mesh boobs can my avi wear the same system bras and other clothes? I have a couple of very cute lace bras and a babydoll nightgown made by a friend - all very cute and realistic.

Thanks,

Sara

I would say if you went for fitmesh, without any breast addons, you could get a good look to your breast.

The downside would be that from outfit to outfit there tends to be a variance in how much the breast slider effects the mesh, but it usually is within a close range. So it could be worth a shot to see how you look in something like that.

I've got some demos of fitmesh dresses you can find in my store (Just click below)
(Er..Not really trying to do product placement! Just help! xD)

Starting with your last question: No, you can not wear any system clothes unless you find that they were sold with an "applier". If there is no applier included, and not one sold separately, then it is not possible to cover the breasts.

Sizing down the breasts sold is *possible* but hard to get the edges of the skin appliers and the clothing to match up. Yes, you will need skin appliers too for the best possible look. This adds on to the cost of your boob purchase. This blogger shows one brand downsized, but also that they are not "seamless". http://juicybomb.com/2013/07/09/uh-oh-i-have-breasts/

Since this blogpost, fitted mesh is introduced and now you can use physics with them. The applier issues is still there. VString revolution naturals is the ones that can be sized down most. Do not compare the images of the other vendors with the result you can achieve. vString has a big fetish customer market and the ads reflect that. Try a demo.

Personally, I would not recommend you to buy any unless you are an exotic dancer...Then I would say vStrings. You can also try add-on nipples, but the only ones I have seen is not rigged, and you can not use physics with them.

The Slink mesh body is out, it's called Physique. and Wowmeh is put up again. I just got the update. *EDIT: I could not find the Wowmeh or demo in the mainstore, when I took my alt there. It is not an official announcement either. Hoping it is solved soon. But the Slink Physique is up. 

Thank you for the tip about Lolas in fitted mesh. They look really great, but for 1750 L the creator should put out a demo! Since the OP wants so small breasts, she should really be able to demo it.. 

I can't think of any other items in SL that sells so much without a demo.

Stick with the breast that come with your avatar. Mine are on the small side (RL and SL). I have been able to adjust them with the sliders so they are the right size and look - very much like the real me.

The system boobs on an avatar, adjusted to a very large size, are not very good and don't at all look like real ones. So if you want SL boobs that are DD or larger, maybe you have to go with attachment mesh.

But for smaller sizes (I am a B cup also, RL and SL) the avatar, properly adjusted with the sliders, is very good. If you don't use mesh, you can wear any bra or other clothing without any problem. That makes selecting clothes easier. That anlso makes getting undressed and dressed (if others are watching when you do) much easier.

If you want nipples that point (mine don't) you may need at attachment. The system nipples (like my RL ones) are pretty flat and are not adjustable.

tinaplick wrote:

If you want nipples that point (mine don't) you may need at attachment. The system nipples (like my RL ones) are pretty flat and are not adjustable.

System nipples just don't exist at all on the avatar shape. If one wants nipples one needs to use an attachment. There is some kind of crude areola area on the breast, but nipples - none.

Here's a front view and a side view in wireframe mode of the breast areola area - there is no nipple.

A good texture can fake our eyes to see that there is a nipple - but naturally it still is totally flat, not protruding one.

My nipples are erect, particularly in cold weather. If I wanted my avatar (standard avatar system breasts) to look the same so I bought nipples, would just any bra or other clothing work, or would I have to have special clothes (mesh, etc.)?

I don't know that I would want my avartar's nipples to point, particularly if it meant extra trouble and expense, but I am considering it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.