Sign in to follow this  
Fusionbolt2000

Suddenly allot of land is offline?

Why is this? One of the offline places is in the middle of a sandbox.

Edit: Oh my... almost the whole general rated bay city is offline... what is happening!?

All sims go offline every week, and not all at the same time. It's the weekly updates. Perhaps that's what you're seeing.

Yeah. Business as usual. :)

I'm not sure what an allot of land is, some kind of moosey thing perhaps?

The maintenance travels in a large 'wave' from the top left - laterally - to bottom right. Like Space Invaders. This causes the effect you might be describing - and why it seems to be targetting whole areas.

Each sim in turn goes offline, then reboots and returns online. Typically it takes 10-20 minutes for each simulator to complete this cycle.

Teleport NORTH! :matte-motes-shocked:

They've already been rolled, and you'll be ahead of the wave.

I keep a sim around at the very top of the grid for almost exactly this reason, ahaha.

D'ohhh~!

Well use this experience wisely, the 'wave' effect was added quite recently (in relative terms, it was still some years ago) - prior to that it did used to be perceptually random. They'd be rolled in a sensible order at the datacenter but of course as simulators move around on physical machines, this appeared 'random' in world.

The wave effect is way cooler if you ask me. Makes me feel like Indiana Jones escaping that boulder.

This public service announcement brought to you by the boredom induced by reading idiots shouting HOW DO I INTERNET SERVICE for three days.