Cant Upload or Save Textures

Dillon Sapphire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I am trying to do texturing and such and whenever i try to upload a texture my SL crashes. I am using standard viewer and i am doing things properly. How do i fix this?

here are my computer specs as well

CPU: AMD (Unknown model) (1994 MHz)
Memory: 2814 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.473-080309a-061295C-Acer
OpenGL Version: 2.1.7414 Release

8 answers to this question

Ok I misunderstood at first, I thought you were bringing a texture you made in photoshop into SL.

This one had me stumped, but i did some research and found a Jira issue

about it or something very similar:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7264

I skimmed throught it and found this

"Larrie Lane added a comment - 16/Jul/08 03:01 PM - edited
Just to add from what Dove mentions after answering her thread on the forums;

This is appears to be an edatasecurity issue.

edatasecurity is a program that came bundled with the software contained on most new Acer computers/notebooks etc.

The program itself protects files on your computer from unauthorised access using passwards and some clever algorithms.
For some reason (don't ask me why) this program blocks certain aspects of Second Life, known issues are uploads and voice when edatasecurity has been installed.

edatasecurity is not a firewall and/or Anti virus software it is a file mangement suite from what I understand and if not required is best either not installed or uninstalled.

If uninstalling please make sure you have adequate protection in terms of a firewalll and antivirus software, if in doubt then seek advice from your PC/Notebook supplier.

Edit: If someone has knowledge of how edatasecurity works then perhaps they could add how to allow access to those files that it blocks for SL."

Any chance you are using edatasecurity?

If reloading the viewer software doesn't help then call SL then make out a JIRA. Sounds like an SL problem to me. Of course you might wait awhile before doing any of it, unless this problem has drug on awhile. I'm assuming everything else is working fine. If no,t wel,l then that's another matter all together and we'll need the details.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.