Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bbnny9

My account being hold. Pelase help!

Recommended Posts

Hello, I can't access to my main Account named bbnny8. When I try to log in says: Login Failed, we are unable to complete your request at this time' I've opened support tickets but nobody gives me any explanaitions at all, I've never recieved such a misstreatment. It's been a week already that I can't log in and nobody gives me any answer, Can anyone help me please? I don't know what to do :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your account was put on hold for any reason by LL, you would get an email telling you that.  Check your email, and check your spam folder because sometimes your email may put it there.  If you received notice  you must wait until  your account is released, unless you have been banned.  If so there is an appeals process that the email will tell you about.

If you received no email then it may be something wrong with your viewer or account.  Sometimes it takes a while for support to work your ticket and fix an account problem.  You can track progress though by looking on the support page and clicking the ticket  you filed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And sometimes wearing a group tag with one of this funny characters prevent you from login too.

They might look cool but they are a pain in the ....   ;-)

Monti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:

hmmmmmmm.JPG

hmmmmmmmmmm

You may want to replace the 8 with a 9.

"Hello, I can't access to my main Account named bbnny8."

bbnny9 is viewable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bbnny -

The screen shot I posted is indicative of an account that has been cancelled by the User, put on hold or banned.

You should check your E Mail carefully. 

Regarding accounts that are on hold or banned, read very carefully:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I haven't done anything wrong to have my account on hold. Nobody changed my password, I never even bought lindens with irl money, I never violated the Terms of service. I don't know why is this happening to me? This is my main account, I have my contacts on that one, and my lindens, I don't want to lose it all! I opened two support cases already, they replied but without explaining anything, they are still holding my account after a week! I don't know what else to do. I need someone to contact someone who can unhold my account please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the support cases I made aren't loading anymore! It says Failed to load case # 01944482. I need an admin to answer me ASAP and unhold my account! I haven't done anything. CAn you tell me what do I have to do to be answered!? These support cases didn't work at all, nobody helped me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Forum is User to User.

Linden's rarely reply here and if they did they would have directed you to file a Support ticket.

Filing multiple tickets will not gain you any advantage.

What did they reply to the Tickets you filed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one of them, they asked me questions, like birthday, name, my alts but without explaining me why was this happening. Thing is I don't even remember if I put my real birthday or not. After that they didn't answer anymore, and now I can't even acess to the case. I want my account back or at least to be refunded the lindens I have on another account. It's the least they can do. I've never recieved any warning, never broke any rule and I find myself that the admins are holding my account for no reason at all without explaining anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


bbnny9 wrote:

On one of them, they asked me questions, like birthday, name, my alts but without explaining me why was this happening. Thing is I don't even remember if I put my real birthday or not. After that they didn't answer anymore, and now I can't even acess to the case. I want my account back or at least to be refunded the lindens I have on another account. It's the least they can do. I've never recieved any warning, never broke any rule and I find myself that the admins are holding my account for no reason at all without explaining anything

If you did not give correct information when you signed up(like birthdate) it's entirely likely you've screwed your own self.  Typically, although customer service with LL can be **bleep**ty at times, they do not put a hold or a ban in place unless something serious has happened.  It could be a compromise of your account, suspicious activity, etc...

Did anything specific happen shortly before the hold was put in place? Things such as...an altercation with someone, receiving money from someone else(which can cause a hold if the money itself or the sender is suspected of something), putting the wrong password in too many times(suspicious activity, although I am not certain if they'd put a hold on for something like this or not), the inability to log into your account all of a sudden(which can indicate it has been compromised).

Holds are not put in place without receiving some kind of email from LL, even if it is some generic form letter. It could have easily been in your email, especially spam, and you overlooked it. I would double check there again, especially if you use more than one email account normally, maybe you are checking the wrong one(I've done that, lol).  Going entirely by the information you said they asked of you, that is usually indicative of either someone trying to reinstate an account that has been deleted, or suspicious activity and they need to know you are who you say you are. They may ask for more information.  If you cannot access the tickets, you could create a new one, referencing the other ticket numbers(which they can then look at, even if you cannot). Although I do not know how much good it will do you to continue creating new tickets. If you do make a new ticket, be concise, clear, non-emotional, reference your other ticket numbers, and then be patient. Considering how many tickets they handle on a daily basis, you may not be a priority, and if the hold is for something suspicious that you did not do yourself, it is in your best interest to let them investigate(if that's what they are doing, no one here can say)

To be honest the entire situation sounds, to me, like a deleted account, either by yourself or someone who hacked your account and deleted it for you. However, if that were the case, you would have gotten an email telling you the account has been closed. I've closed alt accounts before, when I no longer needed those avs(which I used for testing purposes only anyway), and it always comes with an email afterward, sometimes gets put in spam folder though.

I don't know if calling them would do you any good, but you can always try it, the support numbers are on the website, somewhere. I've only had to call them for one issue before. Although, I think most people say they only handle billing issues over the phone, mine wasn't a billing issue, so it's worth a shot.

They are not going to give you the lindens you have, to a new account, if you cannot prove you are who you say you are by answering the information they asked of you in the ticket.  That includes getting all of the information they give you, correct. So, if you used the wrong birthdate...you may be screwed(and it is not their fault, if that is the case, though I am not saying it is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


bbnny9 wrote:

On one of them, they asked me questions, like birthday, name, my alts but without explaining me why was this happening. Thing is I don't even remember if I put my real birthday or not. After that they didn't answer anymore, and now I can't even acess to the case. I want my account back or at least to be refunded the lindens I have on another account. It's the least they can do. I've never recieved any warning, never broke any rule and I find myself that the admins are holding my account for no reason at all without explaining anything

Yep, I know when people sign up for things they "make things up," like stating a false birthdate.  What they fail to see is the long term possible problems.

But because real money can be involved LL has to have in place steps to verify that they are talking to the real account holder.  If I couldn't tell you my own birthdate that would be a big red flag.

You could try calling them but if you can't do something to verify your identity, that you are the owner of the account, you will get nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I don't know why my account is on hold at first place! I was inactive for a while, even if they did send an email, the spam foler gets deleted periodically. I never did anything suspicious. I was given money by gifts from friends, I recieved like a total amount of aprox 2,5k Lindens, wich I've spent the half on different things. It took time to make all that money, and it was only pissible by the good will of people I met on the game. I have the same password on every account, I never tried to change it, I never put a different password. The only thing that can be suspicious is that I sometimes use a VPN, that gives you a different foreing IP, but that was for extre second life reasons. Anyway, they never explained me what happened and they are still holding my account. I want an admin to answer me personally, and to unhold my account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


bbnny9 wrote:

. I want an admin to answer me personally, and to unhold my account. 

I am sure one will be along shortly to do that. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't anyone here have the mail or skype of a particular admin? Or an IRC channel for second life staff? The impersonality shown by the admins is really annoying. The paste the same formal text that doesn't explain anything or gives any solution. And Pamela, what is shortly for you? Because I've been waiting for long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did that and they didn't solve anything. Nobody in the whole forums know any admin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


bbnny9 wrote:

I did that and they didn't solve anything. Nobody in the whole forums know any admin? 

Even if they did, LL will not respond to you here on the forums, You have to go through the proper channels, period. There is no way around that. Did you try calling? The numbers are on the website, go find them. If tickets aren't working, that is your best bet. Contacting a Linden employee directly, such as inworld, even if they answered you, isn't likely to help you at all, because those folks aren't in charge of the area you need(most likely).  

Try another ticket, if you don't want to call, list the ticket numbers you have already submitted, let them know you can no longer see the support case(this is a bit concerning, actually, even closed tickets don't disappear from your account, so if you cannot see it, it's indicative of a closed account, not one on hold). Then, be patient. A week to investigate something suspicious, is not necessarily a long time, when you consider the amount of tickets they have, and the fact that no one here knows why your account was either deleted or put on hold. Your ticket may still be under investigation(don't forget, most LL employees do not work on weekends, and most tickets do nto get handled on weekends, with some exceptions, this not likely being one of them). Sort of a "wait your turn" kind of deal, frustrating as it may be to you. If someone else deleted your account, because they hacked it, you should be thanking your lucky stars they are investigating(them asking you for your info is typically part of that process).

No Linden Lab employee is going to let you skype them so they can hold your hand through the process, they do not work that way, assuming anyone even had that information. This is why they have the suport channels they have-aka, the ticket system, and the help via telephone.

This is a RESIDENT forum, while Linden Lab employees may post here from time to time(most specifically for technical issues), they do NOT handle these kinds of problems, here on the forum.

If you allow your spam folder to periodically empty itself, then the burden sits on your shoulders to know when, or if, things like this happen. Linden Lab cannot control your spam folder or whether or not you receive their correspondence. The burden of proving you are who you say you are, sits on your shoulders, not theirs.

I suspect they did send you at least one email, about this issue, but you did not see it, for whatever reason(likely, your spam settings that allow it to clear periodically). Accounts being placed on hold, closed, and banned, ALL get correspondence saying so, even if it is a form letter, they still get something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you calling admins employees? They are administrators of an online game. And besides, why do I need to wait? Why me and not you or anyone else? If I never did anything at all. I demand this to be solved ASAP. And how could it be that these ''employees'' are unknown and no player knews them? Besides, I can't call and call to a foreing country, it'd cost money. This is extremely unfair, I've never seen something like this on any online game I've played. They are stealing my account, and the 2.5k Lindens I recieved and spent. I need this to be solved now, but how? IF they don't explain anything to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps you want to use my glasses?? it's written many times now : you only can do as they asked in the email... that means answering the questions, contact them by Phone or send in a ticket... and they are no admins because you communicate with the office of the company that owns and runs SL, so employees.... i had contact with them in the past and recently... never felt they didn't want to help or not solve a problem. But follow the route they ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did, I answered the questions many days ago, I sumbitted the ticket. I can't call to a foreign country just like that. If you have contact with them, can you tell any of them to unhold my account? Or at least let me know a more efficient way to contact them, and make them solve this fastly. The tickets I made didnt' work at all, I've done them a week ago and my account is still on hold. People say I have to wait, but why? Why can they all go in game except for me when I haven't done anything wrong? It's not fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


bbnny9 wrote:

Why are you calling admins employees? They are administrators of an online game. And besides, why do I need to wait? Why me and not you or anyone else? If I never did anything at all. I demand this to be solved ASAP. And how could it be that these ''employees'' are unknown and no player knews them? Besides, I can't call and call to a foreing country, it'd cost money. This is extremely unfair, I've never seen something like this on any online game I've played. They are stealing my account, and the 2.5k Lindens I recieved and spent. I need this to be solved now, but how? IF they don't explain anything to me.

You are hell bent on this aren't you. Everyone who sends in a ticket, has to wait, that's how life works. I have had to wait on an answer for tickets I've submitted too. It's nto a personal slight against you, so you should probably check that chip on your shoulder at the door. None of us, as residents of sl, which we are, are more important than everyone else. What makes your ticket so special you should jump ahead of the line? While I understand your frustration, completely, you're misdirecting your anger at all the wrong people. I'm jsut a regular old Jane Doe, like you, a resident of sl. I offer advice, take it or leave it.

Yes, Admins(as you call them) are employees. Employees handle the tickets, employees fix the problems. In fact, that's how most companies work. Rarely do CEOs and upper management(aka ADMINS) handle things themselves. They have other things to do, hence why they have employees to handle the issues that come along. Also, there are phone numbers you can call from other countries. But, like I said, if that's not working, re-file a new ticket, with new information(including everything you've said here such as not being able to see the old tickets anymore).

This may sound stupid to you, but could you tell us what exactly you are saying in your ticket? There may be a reason why you're not getting the proper answer yet that sits within whatever info you put into the ticket. I'm not trying to be a smartass, or mean, or negate your frustration in the least, merely trying to help. I know it's annoying to have things like this happen, trust me. Getting mad, unfortunately, rarely solves a problem.

Linden Lab did not "steal" your account. Although it is possible someone else has. Also, the lindens you had/have in that account, are not worth anything until, or unless, you cash them out. I can understand that it may be a lot of money(trust me, I do) to you, but it has absolutely no actual value until or unless it is cashed out in the form of a real currency. You said you put no rl money into sl, so, in essence, you aren't out anything. Not that I am trying to make light of what has happened(you seem to think everyone is), but it isn't really "your money", it is fake money until or unless it is turned into real money(by cashing out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, I don't care about real money. I've never put irl money on second life, or I used sl to get real money. The money I have was like less than 10 dollars, nothing irl. But in second life, it was a lot for me, because it was hard to get and I could use it to get plenty of stuff, like cool clothes and things for my avatar. I'm not saying I'm more important than the rest, but they did the mistake in holding my account in first place. Nobody tried to rob my account, who'd do that to an account that's worth 10 dollars? They made the mistake in first place by holding my account, and they aren't solving their own mistake. And besides, this impersonality pisses me off a lot. I know the owners make money from this game. But it's still a game. It's not like when you have a problem irl, you have to pass all the burocracy steps, wait and all that. I'm here just for entertainment, wich I can't have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...