My account being hold. Pelase help!

bbnny9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

bbnny9 wrote:

Firstly, I don't care about real money. I've never put irl money on second life, or I used sl to get real money. The money I have was like less than 10 dollars, nothing irl. But in second life, it was a lot for me, because it was hard to get and I could use it to get plenty of stuff, like cool clothes and things for my avatar. I'm not saying I'm more important than the rest, but they did the mistake in holding my account in first place. Nobody tried to rob my account, who'd do that to an account that's worth 10 dollars? They made the mistake in first place by holding my account, and they aren't solving their own mistake. And besides, this impersonality pisses me off a lot. I know the owners make money from this game. But it's still a game. It's not like when you have a problem irl, you have to pass all the burocracy steps, wait and all that. I'm here just for entertainment, wich I can't have now.

Accounts do get hacked now and then, so yes, someone could have stolen your account. It is not likely they put your account on hold for no reason, in fact, I'd wager a guess that it was for a very good reason(I'd also wager a guess that they may be investigating it at this very moment, which, yes, can take time, a difficult thing to accept when you are impatient). You just don't know what the reason is. Until they do actually tell you-via a ticket, your guess as to why it happened is as good as mine. But you don't seem to want to take the advice given...so...I wish you well. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they'll even give me my account back. And starting a new account wouldn't be good because I wouldn't have anything to get the basics for my avatars and I'd look like a noob. And also, I wouldn't be able to contact the people I used to know from here.

I hope the employees who have to work on the tickets look into the forum during their breaks. Just so they let you wait a little longer. What an awful attitude! Many of your assumptions have no basis, but of course, its everyone elses fault and everyone is especially mean and evil just to piss you off.

I never said that anyone from this forum is mean or wants to piss me off. All I'm stating is the inefficience of a burocratic system, the ''employees' like all the burocratic systems in real life, it doesn't work well with the costumers. 

bbnny9 wrote:

I never said that anyone from this forum is mean or wants to piss me off. All I'm stating is the inefficience of a burocratic system, the ''employees' like all the burocratic systems in real life, it doesn't work well with the costumers. 

Why do you put employees in quotation marks? The people who work on answering the tickets are employed by the company who owns and runs Second Life. Working for an online support department is a legal, normal and not so uncommon thing.

Of course, things could be faster, but maybe they don't have enough people to be any faster? Who knows. Also the support for basic members is not as direct as for premium members, who are able to acess Live Chat. And in one of your replies it sounded like you already had contact with the support team and they asked you questions, that you couldn't answer. Maybe thats the reason why they now keep silent? I don't know how their intern execution rules work, but maybe saying that you may have given false informations at the account creation makes helping you for them harder.

bbnny9 wrote:

I answered all the questios given as I could, but they stopped replying. And it's their fault in the first place to lock my account. How could I imagine something like this could happen?

You couldn't, but that doesn't excuse lying about something like your own birthday. I wasn't going to reply, but I am guessing if you gave them all the info "as you could" they may have determined they are not going to help you further. If you can't give the proper info, how are they supposed to help you? You don't understand how security measures work, clearly.

Now I really am done, lol, you don't want help you just want to rant about them doing something to you while taking no responsibility of your own misdeeds.

Best of luck to you!

I do want help! I answered all the questions honestly, including my real birthday. Thing is I don't remember if I used my real birhtday when I registered on second life ages ago. What can I do now? All I want is to be able to use my account again, it's me who's been playing on it all this time. :(

All they have to do, is to check my current IP, and to check the one I used when I registered the account, the one I've always used when I played here. Even if my ip is dynamic, anyone with basic computer skills can determinate that it's the same connection who's writting this, sumbitting the tickets and the one who's been using the account all this time. It'd be very easy to solve this if they wanted to. 

SL wrote:

17 de junio de 2014 a las 04:08
YeddaL Scout

Greetings bbnny8,

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support. I do apologize for your account issues. Your account was placed on hold for a security review because of unusual activity. So that we can complete our review, can you please verify the following information:

1. What is the answer to your security question, What city were you born in?

2. What is your real life name?

3. What is your real life birth date?

4. Please provide a list of your alternate accounts.

We will be taking every step possible to resolve this matter.

In the meantime, we suggest that you do not create duplicate tickets because this will only cause delays and possible mis-routing of your case. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

YeddaL Scout

Customer Support

Linden Lab

Please note, Linden Lab reserves sole discretion in considering whether to take any action toward account restoration.

Terms of Service regarding account registration:

That's the message I recieved, I answered the questions honesty, but it's been almost a week that I don't have any answer, what can I do?

One of these reasons or a combination is why you may be on hold based on what you have said here:

1. Your account has been hacked and the hacker committed a serious offense and/or canceled your account and LL is investigating it. In cases like this they won't tell  you anything other than your account is on hold until they complete the investigation. Once they do they will reconstruct your account and release it to  you.
  2. One of those "generous" friends who gave you money stole it through fraud or hacking an account. Your account is on hold while they investigate and track the money down and determine if you were part of the fraud/hacking.  In cases like this they won't tell  you anything other than your account is on hold until they complete the investigation.  Patience is needed on  your part.  The more you rant about it, the more suspicious you look.  Also, if it is determined you received stolen money , even innocently, it will be removed from your account and returned to the rightful owner.  If you are innocent your account will be released back to you, if not, you'll be suspended or permanently banned. 
  3. It sounds like you falsified your date of birth and didn't give correct information when you were asked questions.  LL will continue to investigate all this and may at some point ask you for RL identification.  You are supposed to give correct information when you register and they may cancel your account because you falsified information.  This is particularly true if you are a minor and lied about your date of birth to access mature or adult content.  It is also possible that if number 1 is true they may think you are not an innocent bystander and gave false information to hide this fact.
  4. Someone filed an AR against you for a serious matter and LL investigated you and found evidence enough to ban you  I am not accusing you of doing anything wrong, but it is not uncommon for people who commit serious offensives and get banned to act the way you are acting and not telling the full story here on the forum.

There is nothing more we can do to help you.  You must now knock the chip off your shoulder, which could damage your case, Wait patiently to hear from LL and respond promptly and accurately to anything they ask, including RL info.

If you are banned, under the TOS you will not get any money back, because it is your fault that you were banned.  It is also against the TOS to create alts to get around a ban.  LL has been known to watch for this, eventually catch you and ban the alt too.

bbnny9 wrote:

I do want help! I answered all the questions honestly, including my real birthday. Thing is I don't remember if I used my real birhtday when I registered on second life ages ago. What can I do now? All I want is to be able to use my account again, it's me who's been playing on it all this time.
:(

All they have to do, is to check my current IP, and to check the one I used when I registered the account, the one I've always used when I played here. Even if my ip is dynamic, anyone with basic computer skills can determinate that it's the same connection who's writting this, sumbitting the tickets and the one who's been using the account all this time. It'd be very easy to solve this if they wanted to. 

1. You can't validate your sign up info.

2. If they checked my current IP they would find 5 different RL people with teh same IP as there are that many people that share the IP in my apartment building.

3. perhaps you should be honest and truthful when signing up for things.

4. Stop calling it an online game.

Here are the local toll free numbers for other countries..

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

Well, I'm from Argentina, I don't know how many players from my zone are playing too. Anyway, I've answered the questions honestly. I'm older than 18, I've never done anything wrong. I don't think someone would hack an account with just 2k lindens worth (it's valuable for me though), and the people who gave me money weren't rich or weren't doing anything wrong, they gave me like 1k nothing more. I still can't find a reason why is this happening.

bbnny9 wrote:

Well, I'm from Argentina, I don't know how many players from my zone are playing too. Anyway, I've answered the questions honestly. I'm older than 18, I've never done anything wrong.
I don't think
someone would hack an account with just 2k lindens worth (it's valuable for me though), and the people who gave me money weren't rich or weren't doing anything wrong, they gave me like 1k nothing more. I still can't find a reason why is this happening.

There's your answer.

It makes as much sense as believing they would put a hold on an account for absolutely no reason.

This does seem a bit odd to me. In post 9 you said, "On one of them, they asked me questions, like birthday, name, my alts but without explaining me why was this happening. Thing is I don't even remember if I put my real birthday or not. After that they didn't answer anymore, and now I can't even acess to the case. I want my account back or at least to be refunded the lindens I have on another account." In posts either before or after that you added that you wanted your Contact list back, too.

That is strange behavior. Most of us (I exclude merchants from the "us": clearly anyone running a business would have different and far more urgent priorities) should we be locked out of using our accounts, would care about two, possibly three things.

The first thing for me would be finding a way to contact the people I know to explain the situation. You've already solved that issue by alting up, but one of the things you say you've lost is your Contact List. Really? You need that for some reason?  I can't imagine why. I don't need a Contact List to know my friends names. I know who they are. If I were in business in SL then of course I'd want my Contact List, but a casual user—someone who is just here for the entertainment, as you have made it quite clear you are? Nah.

Thing number two (and much more important. Maybe I should have made it number one) is my Inventory. Just thinking about having to start all over creating my outfits and looks and finding a property I liked and building my house and and, and.....well, it just might be enough to make me quit altogether.

The third thing, which I called "...possibly three..." because not everyone cares that much, is my L$ balance. If I had to start over I would sure be able to use my current balance but it isn't even a patch on what I'd need to spend to get my inventory the way I want it. You yourself have said you realize your L$ balance is only worth about 10 USD and besides, it was all gifted to you (lucky person that  you are: when I was new the helpful people I met gave me clothes all the time (fortunately for my ego I was too new to realize that was a hint that whatever I was wearing at the time was horrid) but I don't recall anyone ever giving me money). Nobody would care much about a 2500 L$ balance, particularly if it didn't involve any investment of real money. You've pointed out in more than one post that you have never put any real money into Second Life.

To sum up: You're saying your account was put on hold and you can't use it, and your two primary concerns (the ONLY concerns you've mentioned in this thread) are  your Contact List and your 2500 gifted Lindens. You've never even mentioned the word 'inventory' as best as I can see.

Sorry, that  just doesn't add up. If I had to guess, I'd guess that your account is on hold because LL has seen things that give them reasons to block the account.

bbnny9 wrote:

Well, I'm from Argentina, I don't know how many players from my zone are playing too. Anyway, I've answered the questions honestly. I'm older than 18, I've never done anything wrong. I don't think someone would hack an account with just 2k lindens worth (it's valuable for me though), and the people who gave me money weren't rich or weren't doing anything wrong, they gave me like 1k nothing more. I still can't find a reason why is this happening.

I know several people in SL from Argentina, so your not alone there trying searching for Argentina to see what comes up.

You don't need to have $L for some one to want to hack your account they don't even need to know you, they might just want your contact list to phish for your friends passwords.  They may have gotten your password by phishing you from some one else's contact list.  Has any of your friends asked for you password or set you to a like where it asked for a password?

To replace your L$ you can go play Linden realms.  on a good day you can make 30 to 100 L$ an hour. 

Even if you answered honestly if your inform din't match up with your original account that you can't remember, then it's going to look suspicious, with out some way to prove your identity not sure what LL could do.

Starting over can be fun, if you need to find your old friends if your can't remember their names, go to places where you hung out with them or join some of the same groups they were in.

other then give you unofficial advice no one in the forums can help.  If you can't call then support tickets are you only choice I know of, and non premium tickets take longer, resubmit if you don't hear back in a week or so. 

I see a lot of bad feith from Dillon. I'm not the same kind of player like you are. My inventory consists of some clothes, I had like 4-5 outfits. I know it takes time to organize everything, but I could buy the clothes again if I needed to. I never had a propierty, never rented, or anything like that. Regarding the contact list, they are people I met in the game, wich I've roleplayed with. I'm a roleplayer, I use rp sims, I separate In character from Out of character. Besides, I haven't been on second life for a while, so I don't remember the names of the people I used to roleplay with. I repeat, none of them are irl friends, I never knew their real names, I don't have their skype or anything like that.

And are you trying to say that my support ticket isn't taken seriously because I never spent money on the game? That's really unfair, all players should be treated equally. I haven't done anything to have my account blocked. I can't play anymore because in a whole year I didn't play alot? Because I never spent money? I'm asking for help here, because I want to keep playing on second life. If you don't want to help me, don't comment here. 

And to Parrish, I never gave my password to anyone. I use the same password to all my alts, and none of them are touched. And I've never done those lindens relams or things like that. I've always roleplayed since the first day I've been here. And peopole I've roleplayed with, wich aren't irl friends, helped me so that I could buy stuff that makes my avatar look better, improving the roleplay that we have.Avi

This is what can be seen from my avatar before the hold message comes. As you can see, the hair can cost like 300L, the pants costed 100, the jacket 50, the t-shirt 10, the rest were freebies. In order to roleplay at a sim, I need a decent looking character, nobody would like to rp with someone looking like a noob. 

Another day has passed and I'm still getting no answer from the admins. All I want is to be able to log in again and roleplay, either with people I used to rp with and new people, with a decent looking avatar, even if it's bbnny8 or a new one.

bbnny9 wrote:

And are you trying to say that my support ticket isn't taken seriously because I never spent money on the game? That's really unfair, all players should be treated equally. I haven't done anything to have my account blocked. I can't play anymore because in a whole year I didn't play alot? Because I never spent money? I'm asking for help here, because I want to keep playing on second life. If you don't want to help me, don't comment here. 

Nowhere did I suggest the fact that you haven't put any RL money into Second Life meant your support ticket should be ignored. I mentioned it because you'd made it one of your two motivations for wanting your account unblocked. That seemed odd to me given that it was a relatively insignificant amount and wasn't even your investment.

So you needed your Contact list because you wanted to look up the people you used to RP with, but whose names you've forgotten. Okay.

To your suggestion I should not post here if I'm not helping....this is a Forum. You post, others comment.

bbnny9 wrote:

Another day has passed and I'm still getting no answer from the admins. All I want is to be able to log in again and roleplay, either with people I used to rp with and new people, with a decent looking avatar, even if it's bbnny8 or a new one.

Odds are, you're not getting your old account back. You can kiss it goodbye-or at least you should probably treat this matter as if that is the case(I would, if I were in your shoes, I'd be kicking myself in the ass for lying when I created my account, lol, but then, I wouldn't do that). It doesn't even matter, at this point, why it was put on hold. You admitted you created the account with false information in the first place. So, chalk it up to ignorance on your part when creating the account and move on.  You can keep right on waiting for a response to your ticket, but personally, if I were in charge of the folks who make the rules regarding accounts being put on hold and how to remedy that...I'd can your butt too. If you can't give truthful information, to prove you really are the account holder, than it's all on you, not Linden Lab, not any employee of the lab, and certainly not anyone here. It's a security measure, and a smart one to follow. It's important we remember things like passwords and security questions/answers, just in case. It's bad enough when we forget those things, but lying about a birthdate...why on earth would anyone do that(aside form the obvious minors doing it to get around age blocks, and such).

Forget trying to figure out why the account was put on hold for a moment. Pretend they do actually have a valid reason(they always do, but you seem hell bent on believing they don't, so play pretend for a moment here). Wouldn't you want them to investigate a problem, if one existed? Wouldn't you want them to check out everything, just in case, something nefarious did happen to your account? Wouldn't you want them to exhaust all efforts to restore your account to its rightful owner(you) by any means necessary? One would think, logistically, people would want this. But, no, you want answers, your answers(whether right or wrong), and you want them right when you want them. You don't want to wait in line, you don't want to wait your turn, you don't want to allow ample time(minus weekends here, because they don't work weekends) for problems to be investigated and solved.  Put want in one hand, **bleep** in another, see which one fills up first...(a saying my daddy used to often use when people whined about such things-RIP).

You have been given all kinds of great advice here, and you want to accept absolutely none of it. So, maybe it's time you forget the possibility of getting that account back, because you screwed up any chance of that happening by lying about something idiotic when you created it in the first place.

Now for some advice on your new av..which is where I think you need to be headed at this point...

Yes you will likely want your av to look decent, for RP purposes, or whatever. But what you're forgetting here, is YOU didn't make your av look decent, other people did. Those folks are out the money, not you. So, start over again, with a new av. Looking decent, whatever your definition of decent is, does NOT have to cost even a single penny. You just have to know where to look.  Want to start over at little to no cost... go to http://fabfree.wordpress.com/ take a look at that blog, they post free and low cost stuff CONSTANTLY. The best blog out there, imo, especially for new folks or those with limited financial means. You can rebuild your av, if you want to. If you want to make new RP friends, go do it, go find some. If you want to find old rp friends, go to the places you have RPd before, maybe they're still there. If it's been a year since you've been in sl, it's likely some of your rp friends have moved on anyway and wouldn't know you from a hole in the wall.(that's not bashing you or being mean, it's just how things work when folks move on, part ways...yanno...life)

TLDR;...Move on with a new av, rebuild, and have fun :D

(why oh why do I keep reading this thread,lol, glutton for punishment I think)

Tari, why are you saying that?? Why can't I have my account back!? If I didn't do anything against the rules! I never did anything wrong! It's me who made the account, who's been always playing! Do you think I'm lying? Why are you being so negative to me! I made this thread to make admins answer me, or normal players to contact admins. Can you contact one of them?? I need my account back!

bbnny9 wrote:

Tari, why are you saying that?? Why can't I have my account back!? If I didn't do anything against the rules! I never did anything wrong! It's me who made the account, who's been always playing! Do you think I'm lying? Why are you being so negative to me! I made this thread to make admins answer me, or normal players to contact admins. Can you contact one of them?? I need my account back!

You have been told time and time again.. LL will not respond to you here about an account issue. You have followed the steps to recover your account. You did NOT give them the correct info. Now all you can do is wait.

Did you log your IMs and chat? If so you can get the name from there.

SOMEONE HELP ME! I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK! IT HAS BEEN STOLEN BY THOSE HORRIBLE ADMINS! I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG, I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK ASAP! IM THE ONLY AND RIGHT OWNER OF IT! I NEED YOU ALL TO CONTACT AN ADMIN SHOMEHOW! THEY CAN'T STEAL SOMEONE'S ACCOUNT.

And why do I have to wait while you all can log in!?'' That's really unfair, I just want to be treated like any normal player. Like you and the rest. There's no difference between you and me, we didn't do anything wrong. Why can you be enjoying second life while I can't log in!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.