Will this laptop perform good enough on the Mid quality & speed setting in Second Life?

Jonathan Cheviot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm looking for a laptop, and I came across the Gateway NV5211 (http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668332.php) I looked at the system requirements for Second Life, and I think it is compatible, but I'm not sure, partly because the laptop I'm interested in getting uses Windows 7, which I'm unsure if Second Life works with or not.

So, my question is: Is the Gateway NV5211u able to run Second Life on Second Life's mid quality and speed setting without there being a really low FPS?

2 answers to this question

Looks okay. The minimum requirements for SL are far outdated anyway, but have a check on some important details please !

Does the graphics card have a 256 data bus?

Does the graph card has dedicated DDR3 video ram or higher mem type ( DDR4 or5 )? Most come with DDR3 now, but some notebooks still only have shared vid ram which slows down graphic processing extremely.

These make is a real huge difference trusting your internet connection is fast and reliable. I could not find the above in the specs.

AMD is known to make a little too much compromizes to save budget. I'd always check for an Intel. Duo core is good enough, since SL does not use more cores, but Duo it's comfortable to run more apps besides SL on your PC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.