Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Cheviot

Will this laptop perform good enough on the Mid quality & speed setting in Second Life?

Question

Looks okay. The minimum requirements for SL are far outdated anyway, but have a check on some important details please !

Does the graphics card have a 256 data bus?

Does the graph card has dedicated DDR3 video ram or higher mem type ( DDR4 or5 )? Most come with DDR3 now, but some notebooks still only have shared vid ram which slows down graphic processing extremely.

These make is a real huge difference trusting your internet connection is fast and reliable. I could not find the above in the specs.

AMD is known to make a little too much compromizes to save budget. I'd always check for an Intel. Duo core is good enough, since SL does not use more cores, but Duo it's comfortable to run more apps besides SL on your PC.

2 answers to this question

Looks okay. The minimum requirements for SL are far outdated anyway, but have a check on some important details please !

Does the graphics card have a 256 data bus?

Does the graph card has dedicated DDR3 video ram or higher mem type ( DDR4 or5 )? Most come with DDR3 now, but some notebooks still only have shared vid ram which slows down graphic processing extremely.

These make is a real huge difference trusting your internet connection is fast and reliable. I could not find the above in the specs.

AMD is known to make a little too much compromizes to save budget. I'd always check for an Intel. Duo core is good enough, since SL does not use more cores, but Duo it's comfortable to run more apps besides SL on your PC.

Use search to look up Radeon 3200 in the SL forums.  It is a low quality integrated video chipset.  I would not recommend it.  It will "work" on low settings, and probably overheat and die.