Hello, I just received 1 L$ from a guy that i do not know cryss Anton

FaRoOoHa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Lol...one linden? Thats unlikely to be stolen money. People who steal money are going for huge amounts. Don't be afraid. Why should that single L$ (which is close to being nothing in real money) be from an illegal source?

Maybe he saw you are new or that you are dressed in freebies and wanted to do something nice. Or maybe it wasn't even directly given to you by him. Maybe you were at a place that has an object that gives small amounts of L$ randomly to people and that obejct is just owned by him.

• Like 1

I doubt that anyone would go to the trouble of stealing L$1.  That's about 0.4 cents.  It's much more likely that he was just being nice, in a sort of cheapskate way.  Anyway, thanks for letting us know.  We are your fellow SL residents. There are no Lindens here, ever. 

See http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/224555/Take-the-Money-and-Run-Movie-Clip-Gub.html

• Like 2

I haven't seen them for a long time, but there used to be scripted attachments that generous people could wear that would randomly give out L$1 to people around them. I think you could set them to filter avatars by age and so on. It sounds to me like this might be what you encountered.

• Like 1

Here's what I would do...

In local chat, and where there are a lot of other people around...

"Ooooh <name>!  A whole ONE LINDEN!  Wow, thank you soooo much!  I am rich now, baby, rich!  HEY EVERYBODY, drinks are on me!  <Name> gave me ONE LINDEN DOLLAR!"

Keep this up until <name> dies of embarrassment.

Oh, and don't spend it all in one place now! :smileyvery-happy:

(And edit your post to remove the name.  Naming names here is against the forum rules.  Use Options/Edit in the upper right to edit.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.