Why where there Linden being paid to other people when I was inactive for so long? Am I hacked?

Vivon Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have inactive for the last few months perhaps even 4 to 6 months but when I logged in for the Secondlife 11 year anniversary I see the I have been paying money from 50 to all the way 300 lindens in multiple transactions for the last few months. Then when I checked my account Linden history I see a huge portion of my history is missing and I believe I should have had atleast 7340 lindens instead of the 5300 lindens I have now. This is highly unusual. Please someone help!!!! 

2 answers to this question

Hi Vivon,

I'm going to guess you belong to one or more groups that have "group liabilities" such as land or marketing fees. Check all your groups and quit those that have fees, unless you wish to continue supporting them financially. Your transaction history only goes back 30 days. It's only the Marketplace purchase history that goes on forever.

Those are some pretty big transactions to be group liabilities, which are usually small...like 5 or 6 $L.

Your Transaction Log ALWAYS goes back a maximum of 30 days.  If you think you will need older data, you must remember to manually save it as a spreadsheet at least once a month.

I would, first of all, change your password, to make sure that no one else is using your account.

Then check all of your groups.  For each role you have in a group, check the roles and abilities.  If the "share group profits and liabilities" one is checked, you WILL be billed for a share of things like a group search listing or classified ad.  Either leave such groups, or talk to the group owner and see if they will change that for your role(s).

If you believe you have been "hacked"..."compromised" is a better term, because SL account are almost never hacked...read and follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.