You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried to play this with every computer i've owned, but I have never been able to play. I have an advanced understanding of computers. I've downloaded multiple viewers, checked my internet speed/ping. disconnected my firewall, gone through several troubleshooting pages, my computer is well above the recommended hardware, and yet still nothing. T

I have tried to play this with every computer i've owned, but I have never been able to play. I have an advanced understanding of computers. I've downloaded multiple viewers, checked my internet speed/ping. disconnected my firewall, gone through several troubleshooting pages, my computer is well above the recommended hardware, and yet still nothing.

Login failed

(waiting on server response)

edit: ive traced the connection and all is good on my end but stops at the first linden labs connection so tell me again that its on my end

I been playing sense 2006 with my accounts, I have had bad computers,good computers, bad conections and great connections.

I have played from one side of the US to the other, I played in Mexico,Canada ,UK and parts of the Islands.

What ever the issue is has to be on your end as the grid supports a  min of 40k users a day.

If it was broke or even worked in a way that would casue your problem this forum would have 1000s of post everyday in complaints.

How about (instead posting this twice) descriping your problem in detail? If you have such an advanced understanding, that shouldn't be a problem "It does not work" is certainly nothing that gives a hint why it does not work.

HooniganDiablo wrote:

I have tried to play this with every computer i've owned, but I have never been able to play. I have an advanced understanding of computers. I've downloaded multiple viewers, checked my internet speed/ping. disconnected my firewall, gone through several troubleshooting pages, my computer is well above the recommended hardware, and yet still nothing.

Login failed

(waiting on server response)

edit: ive traced the connection and all is good on my end but stops at the first linden labs connection so tell me again that its on my end

Have you been through the tips on this page:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail

Specifically thinking of DNS. 

Really, you have provided us with scant information to go on if you are looking for help.

Given the small amount of information:-

Tried lots of computers - not the problem

Tried lots of viewers - not the problem

(waiting on server response) would suggest that return data isn't getting back to you.  Assuming that all the other thing are NOT the problem then that would tend to suggest that either your router is blocking it or possibly the ISP is blocking traffic.

Since you don't say where you are trying to connect from, back to you for more information.

You could try using a service such as this http://www.bestcanadavpn.com/ in order to route traffic and then see if the issue persists.  If it does then it's not an ISP traffic block.

Well then, since you have a vast understanding, I can whip out the jargon I suppose. First it would be handy to know what the problem is!

Troubleshooting starts with what is happening versus what is expected. To be able to help others need to know what happens in detail. Is the frame rate low, if yes, what graphics card, processor and RAM memory do you have and which Viewer did you run. (Though, Stock Linden Viewer should pretty much always give the best frame rate on supported operating systems.)

If a connection issue, what operating system, which kind of network, are directly connected to a modem, are there routers in between, what are the settings of the(se) device(s).

Or if anything else do describe it!

Also, check if your system meets the System Requirements, I assume that with your advanced understanding of computers you would have no trouble telling if your system works.

If your hardware is not stated you can always post it here and we can help figure out if's a hardware issue or something else.

Anyway, before calling something garbage it might be an idea to allow others to see the problem in full detail so we can help, there might be just a misunderstanding and the problem may be something very silly or unexpected.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.