I'm buying Linden's WITH my Process Credits, why do I have to link my credit card to my SL to buy it

DagmarVoid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did all the correct steps to link my PP to my Second Life account to try to process and cash out my process credit's. I tried to sell my Process Credit's but I got rejected. Now that I am rejected, what can I DO with my process credits? I try to buy Linden's WITH my process credit, but it requires a PP or credit card to be linked to my Second Life account. Why is this? Will it take anything out of my Paypal?

Edit: I'm trying to buy $L with money that's in my $USD balance, but it requires payment information on file. Thank you.

7 answers to this question

I don't understand what you mean by "process credits" in this context.   

"Process Credits" is what you tell LL you want to do when you want to transfer funds from your US Dollar balance to your PayPal account.    That is, "Process" is a verb, not a noun.

It's otherwise known as "Cashing Out."

What exactly are you trying to do?   Please edit your original question (using the options button at the top right)  to provide the additional information, rather than trying to start a new thread.   

ETA:  Thanks for the additional information.   I don't quite understand the process whereby the US$ reached your account in the first place, and I suspect LL's software probably doesn't understand it, either (unless you obtained the L$ inworld, sold them for US$ and are now trying to buy L$ with them, a process that probably trips some alarm bells).    

As a precaution against fraud and money-laundering, they do want a confirmed PayPal account on record, I think, which means -- as far as I know -- that you have to make at least one payment to LL via your PayPal account.   

First of all, check here to be sure that you really have registered your PayPal account properly as your payment system with Linden Lab.  If you have done that but have never bought L$ on the LindeX before, the reason your request to sell was rejected is that you still have a L$0 sell limit.  Any new account has a L$0 sell limit.  That limit starts to increase as soon as you have bought L$ with it for the first time, so that after 8 days, your sell limit becomes $300 (USD).  See https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php

That should explain why your credit transfer request was "rejected".  So, buy L$500 and wait a week.  Or request an increase in your sell limit (which takes about 5 days).  Now, the second problem.  There are only two ways to buy L$ on the LindeX: you must do it with a credit card or with a verified PayPal account.  Buying with cash in your USD balance isn't an option. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and be capable of making instant transfers.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, they require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source, OR that you pay with your PayPal balance in USD. Without a sufficient USD balance in your PayPal account, you will not be able to use it with only a bank account.  So, you CAN have your PayPal account backed up by your bank account instead of a credit card, but if you do that be sure that you keep a cash balance in your PayPal account.

Your post is unclear, Dagmar.  Are you trying to buy $L with money that's in your $USD balance, or are you trying to cash out your $USD balance and send it to your PayPal account?

To buy $L with your $USD, I think you should be able to just do it, without having a credit card or PayPal account on file, as long as you aren't trying to buy more $L than you have money for.  But maybe you do need a payjment method on file.  If so, LL will always take the money first from your $USD balance, and then if more is needed, from your designated payment method.

If you are trying to cash out to PayPal (what LL calls a "process credit" transaction) then you must have a "verified" PayPal account.  This means that the account has been linked to a credit card or a real world bank account, by following the verification steps on the PayPal web site.

On 21/06/2014 at 8:40 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Your post is unclear, Dagmar.  Are you trying to buy $L with money that's in your $USD balance, or are you trying to cash out your $USD balance and send it to your PayPal account?

To buy $L with your $USD, I think you should be able to just do it, without having a credit card or PayPal account on file, as long as you aren't trying to buy more $L than you have money for.  But maybe you do need a payjment method on file.  If so, LL will always take the money first from your $USD balance, and then if more is needed, from your designated payment method.

If you are trying to cash out to PayPal (what LL calls a "process credit" transaction) then you must have a "verified" PayPal account.  This means that the account has been linked to a credit card or a real world bank account, by following the verification steps on the PayPal web site.

I have been trying to buy l$ from india with credit card but it is saying.

We were unable to add your payment method.

Please go back to the cashier and try again.

Please contact Second Life Support if you see this error more than once.

6 minutes ago, beast4313 said:

You are replying to an old post here.  You should contact support  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support

and read the information here regarding accepted payment methods  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beast4313 said:

My guess is that it is either a prepaid credit card or actually a debit card - neither of which will be accepted.   Rather than waiting on a Support ticket, you can try to contact Billing.  There are toll free numbers for some countries, but not for India

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/  

Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.