Sign in to follow this  
Toxic Mirabella

Despite thier best efforts...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 answers to this question

Thank you for the help i've read those and its still not working, i've completely removed sl and temp cache, reinstalled it, turned off firewall and still can't log in. :/ The thing is it was working perfectly before i did a system restore to my computer. Those 2 forums seem to be my only options and I've tried everything that has been mentioned, with the exception of submitting a ticket. Thank you again.

You're welcome.

I have not other solutions (of course, the ticket is a possibility ... useful or useless in this situation, do not know)

Probably other residents will have more answers.

Hi Toxic: How annoying!

I had a similar problem a couple months ago when I tried to upgrade to a newer version of a third-party viewer. Not sure why, but for some reason it was only one particular viewer which caused the login problem you describe above.

I'm not suggesting you are using that viewer but maybe the one you are using is having an issue with something on your new computer.

Perhaps try to install a different viewer and see if that rectifies the situation.

Good luck,

Aurie

BTW: Please let us know when you resolve the issue so that this thread may be of help to others in the future who experience the same (or similar) problems.

Ok 20+ hours later ... i've finally got it to work. Yes I also tried using other viewers and was getting the same message. So I pretty much gave up and system restored my computer again! I figured what the heck, nothing to lose. Well after updating drivers, downloading everything, it now logs me in. I have no idea what was preventing it from logging me in before I really wish I knew. :/

Just curious, are you using a wireless connection? I seem to have that problem from time to time where there is no picture that shows up on the login screen no matter how many times I click on Turn BG Images On. My Internet will work just fine on every other site, but when I attempt to log into SL it continually gives me the same error message. Normally I have to shut down my computer, restart my modem, restart the wireless router, and after everything is back up and running, restart my computer and viola! I'm signed in. Just in case it ever happens again, try restarting everything, modem and all, and see if it helps!

Login Failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

there is not a **bleep** thing wrong with my comp or anything els eis second life andi want it fixed wtf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.