Is the heel-click sound evil?

Tonks Palfrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know most people hate it, but I don't quite understand why. Ofcourse too loud or inappropriate sounds (like gestures...) are annoying, but a realistic walking sound? It doesn't bother me. Might still be wiser to turn it off, if you go to places with a lot of people.

• Like 1

Yes Please!!!  "It's definitely on my Top Five Things I Hate Most in SL".  Having said that, I did once do a "blondie" and buy a pair of boots and didn't realise they had clicky sounds until someone IM'd me complimenting me on their realistic heel sounds - I died of shame and it's first thing I do when I buy any footwear - check the menu!

I don't really like the heel click sounds, especially when walking on grass lol, but I don't understand the extreme reactions to it. You would think that the noise was going to make people spontanously combust or something. I have been literally bumped and pushed because I had forgotten to turn the sound off of a new pair of shoes (and for some reason I didn't hear it) Guess it's too much to ask this being an adult site and all, that people would use their words

i don't see the problem with shoe sounds i used to wear a device that had the shoe sound on all the time not ideal if your wearing trainers i stopped wearing it and just use the sounds that come inbuilt in to shoes if they have them and make sure the sound is not too loud most of the time i don't even notice it because i don't have sound on but walking all the time with it on could be annoying to people. if there was a more realistic sound that reacted to tarmac gravel grass sand etc and used the appropriate sound i'm sure that would be more acceptable to the whole of SL

• Like 1

For me I would say turn off - especially in no script zones.  The area I work is no scripts and I sometimes get to screaming point by a clicky heel getting stuck and just going on and on and on and....you get the idea

But I have a favourite pair of boots with a clicky heel that are unmodifiable...how do I turn this off anyone! I want to wear them again

If it has volume control, set it to 10-30% at most. It's an okay effect really, except that most who use it have the sound set to 100% so you can hear it all the way on the other side of the sim. At 10%, it's clearly audible within 3 meters, with the sound dying down real fast at larger distances.

And to not make you look too silly, turn it off when you're on a beach. It's already odd to walk on sand with stiletto's, but it's simply stupid if it also makes a noisy click-click sound!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.