Detect Avatar's Global Coordinates Or Region Is In

joniveehernandez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes but this will only work for the same region. I want to try out the script is in "Region A" then that avatar is in the other region. The script will try to identify the avatar's global coordinates OR lets disregard the global coordinates and focus to get the Region name which the avatar is in. :)

I'm not sure what's being asked, but if the question is about finding the location of another avatar, one not in the sim and not wearing the script, then indeed that would be a serious privacy violation. Years ago, there was a bug that allowed that to happen -- in a very limited way, and using an insanely laggy script -- but it was patched very quickly.

joniveehernandez wrote:

Hi just wondering around if its possible to detect the avatar's global coordinates or the region is in. But I doubt that's possible because of privacy and security concern, I guess
:P
- Thanks

After reading your profile, this question concerns me and I would question the privacy of any avatars involved.

Qie Niangao wrote:

I'm not sure what's being asked, but if the question is about finding the location of another avatar, one not in the sim and not wearing the script, then indeed that would be a serious privacy violation. Years ago, there was a bug that allowed that to happen -- in a very limited way, and using an insanely laggy script -- but it was patched very quickly.

After a brief conversation inworld, I will say this is a serious privacy violation. I won't give the details of the what was said but it is something that is against the TOS. The OP knew off hand in the initial post it may be a privacy concern.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.