SL mafia

Nino Lassally

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I worked for 3 years on SL. I had a premium account but I leaved it when I realised that it was time to stop dreaming. Today, 1 year after I stopped this premium account and turn it to roocky, I bought Lindens, thinking Linden Lab will ask me what credit card I what to use to pay, but nada, Linden Lab took me the money and credited my account. I tried to see what account has been selected in my ACCOUNT, no way, impossible to have the information. Now guys, you know that you need 48H to get payed from europe, tomorrow, I will go to my bank and ask them to avoid the transaction, but your Lindens, I will spend them on Lingo. I have never seen such .......................

Okay, I've read this over a few times, from what I can disipher:

He has disable his premium account

Opened a new account (meaning they shouldn't have his details)

Bought lindens on his new account and was not asked for any credit details (meaning Lindens somehow new his details via email or somthing)

If you look at it that way then yes, yes I completly agree, it's a totally horrible thign to have happen, and I would be calling LL directly and talking to someoen about it. None of this submitting a ticket crap.

PS: look at the dudes joined date ... THIS IS HIS NEW ACCOUNT.

His details shouldn't be on file.

No, this isn't "his new account":  a quick check of his inworld profile shows that Nino Lassally has been a member since early 2007 and has payment info on file .  Downgrading from Premium to Basic doesn't delete an account or any of the associated details (why would anyone assume that it did?), it merely changes the status of that account.

The details on file were obviously for a valid credit card (or the transaction would not have completed) so I really fail to see the problem.  If the OP wanted the charge to go to a different credit card then he doesn't even have to bother fiddling with cashing out his Lindens - all he has to do is pay off that amount on credit card A (the one that he has on file) with credit card B (the one he wanted to use).

Simples <squeek>

Wait, you paid $50 for L$20,000?

That's like ... 400 lindens to the USD.

I want to know how you got such an outstanding deal, as the going rate is 260 - 270 to the USD.

Dude, if you got that deal?  I wouldn't be screaming all that loudly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.