Sign in to follow this  
Scarlett McMasters

HELP I CANT LOG IN

Question

try this:

• go to a speed test website, i recommend http://speedtest.net
  • change the settings of the site so that the test server is in San Francisco, where as of my latest knowledge the LL authentication servers are
  • change the settings so that the units it measures are in kilobits per second
  • run the test a few times to get an average of your download speed
  • go into your Preferences > Network and set the bandwidth slider to between 50% and 80% of the test reported average download speed

see if that helps

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

try this:

• go to a speed test website, i recommend http://speedtest.net
  • change the settings of the site so that the test server is in San Francisco, where as of my latest knowledge the LL authentication servers are
  • change the settings so that the units it measures are in kilobits per second
  • run the test a few times to get an average of your download speed
  • go into your Preferences > Network and set the bandwidth slider to between 50% and 80% of the test reported average download speed

see if that helps

• Like 1

Its still not working.. I even tried lowering it way down to 50 but its weird.. It will let me get in about 2 minutes of rezzing, and sometimes can see everything but wont let me move then logs out.. Sometimes it says gesture unable to load, I even tried detaching everything in the few minutes it lets me in. Also during that time I can chat in IMs if the person pms me first.. so its strange I am at a lost for what else to try? Any other suggestions?