One person - five names?

mirbaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jusr came accross someone randomly while looking at profiles, and this single chevrom on mini map clicked it for profile, it had an arrow indication another menu, clicked that and list shows five different names all online under the one chevrom in a skybox and all having the same info, howcome?

mirbaz wrote:

Jusr came accross someone randomly while looking at profiles, and this single chevrom on mini map clicked it for profile, it had an arrow indication another menu, clicked that and list shows five different names all online under the one chevrom in a skybox and all having the same info, howcome?

Its probably 5 people all really close to each other in the skybox.

It is considered in poor taste to snoop on people as well. Does it really matter how many people are in someone elses skybox?

mirbaz wrote:

On the mini map, if several people are close together they will appear as on dot or chevron.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Sounds to me like a collection of bots stacked vertically in attempt to conceal their numbers. =^-^=

Ah...that makes perfect sense...like Sand People....(Star Wars reference, if you didn't know)

sand people.jpg

Well like i said the profile for one person had this second menu listing all the five names, all of whom had the exact same information in each separate profile. And I was not snooping, just looking at profiles yes sometimes i do cam people, I like to see nice homes might come accross ideas to apply elsewhere.

mirbaz wrote:

Well like i said the profile for one person had this second menu listing all the five names, all of whom had the exact same information in each separate profile. And I was not snooping, just looking at profiles yes sometimes i do cam people, I like to see nice homes might come accross ideas to apply elsewhere.

In the 8 years i have been in SL i have never come across a profile with a secondary drop down in it with their alts names on it.. Something smells to fish here...

It went this way:

Click view profil

Arrow at end indicating another list or menu

Click arrow small list opened with five names

Clicked on each, all had the exact same profile under each different name.

Double checked to confirm what I saw

Wanted to take screen shot and post here as the person was online at the time when I started this thread but tthought it would be against rules.

If avatars are very close together they appear on top of each other on the mini map.  If they are arrows they are out of chat range they are arrows.

It isn't illegal to make multiple bots like this as long as they are registered scripted agents.  You can't tell if they are registered or not.  LL can though.  If they are, they are not included in the traffic count.  If they aren't LL will soon deal with them. 

Either way there is nothing you can do about it.  LL does not need you to report it, nor do they want you too.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LL does not need you to report it, nor do they want you too.

LOL

This sounds like something that would be said by someone running all those illegal bots hidden in a skybox above their store.

Firstly, you can zoom the mini map in and out so it can seem that people are close together.

Second, When you right click on the dot that represents more than one person you get a menu listing all the people that it represents so that you can select the profile that you want to open.

Kandy Cundey wrote:

Firstly, you can zoom the mini map in and out so it can seem that people are close together.

Second, When you right click on the dot that represents more than one person you get a menu listing all the people that it represents so that you can select the profile that you want to open.

That's what he was doing.... I couldn't figure out what he meant by "clicked view profile" I keep forgetting you can do that in the mini map now. Of course i don't randomly check the profiles of the people on the sim i am in, just those within chat range..

NiceCo wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL

This sounds like something that would be said by someone running all those illegal bots hidden in a skybox above their store.

Bots aren't iligal. And your accusion has no ground.

NiceCo wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL

This sounds like the reply of someone without a clue.

I have never owned a bot.  However,  I know that LL monitors for illegal bots gaming traffic and will take steps to stop it.  That is why they don't need it reported.  They don't want it reported either as it just chokes up the AR system with unnecessary AR's.

Syo Emerald wrote:

NiceCo wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL

Lighten up.  Didnt you notice or understand the "LOL" in my comment?  Why so defensive?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

NiceCo wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL

This sounds like the reply of someone without a clue.

I have never owned a bot.  However,  I know that LL monitors for illegal bots gaming traffic and will take steps to stop it.  That is why they don't need it reported.  They don't want it reported either as it just chokes up the AR system with unnecessary AR's.

I know.  I was joking around.

To be serious..  LL is horrible at handling abuse.  Just look at the sandboxes and infohubs.  When a governance avatar comes to clean it up, they always do a 1/2 ass job and minutes later the greifer returns often with the same exact avatar.  Sometimes these avatars are residents who have been around for years.  LL has a history of poor customer service.  Their governance is NOT better than their customer service.

NiceCo wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

NiceCo wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL

Lighten up.  Didnt you notice or understand the "LOL" in my comment?  Why so defensive?

LOL doesn't make sound funny or less clueless. nd nobody buys your "I was just joking" excuse to cover your lack of knowledge and idiotic accusions. I can't stand people like you. I'm not defensive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.