Will LL Accept A Debit Card As Payment

Midnight Demonge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I've recently considered upgrading my account to premium and have a paypal account which is verified with a legitimate banking account and have been told that I have to also have a secondary instant payment method on file with paypal to use paypal for upgrading an account. Well after a facepalm moment, since the answer I got in return on my ticket which informed me of this keeps referring to a credit card which I do not possess and stated this plainly in my ticket, I decided to ask if anyone knew if LL accepts Debit cards as a payment method under the "credit card" option. I am in a bit of a hurry at the moment so I hope this made sense.

Midnight Demonge

9 answers to this question

yes debit cards should work... but if you want a speedy reply straight from the source this is the exact thing LL Billing deals with and it's just a phone call:

If you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490

Germany: 0800.664.5510

Japan: 0066.33.132.830

Portugal: 800.814.450

Spain: 800.300.560

UK: 0800.048.4646

Support is in English Only

my pleasure  *bows*

The help doesn't stop there though.

Let's say worse case senario... this debit card attempt fails, and for w/e reason you don't want to use your real creditcard info online.  Visa giftcards are unsupported by LL and don't work - last I heard.  However Mastercard VanillaCards (also prepaid giftcards) are not supported but do work as payment method... indeed they are what I use.  They are widely available (ie i get mine from my local 7-11 or any cheque cashing place) and can be purchased in denominations of $25, $50 or $100 and used anywhere any other creditcard is including online.  If that ends up being an option you use just give me a shout for addition info as the need arises.

Best of luck.

I don't know who told you that you need a second payment method with PayPal, I don't, never needed one.

I upgraded to Premium with PayPal alone.

Since then, I have been trying to add a MC reloadable card to my LL and my PayPal accounts, but things are still sitting at the processing confirmation and verification stage

Salvador.Nakamura wrote:

judging by the last post things might have changed ?

Nope, nothing's changed, just had an extra $20 that I could afford to tie up while things resolve and settle down. I want to see if this particular reloadable card (MasterCard Freedom) will be acceptable to LL and PayPal. If so, it would remove the 8day waiting period that it takes for funds to transfer from my bank to PayPal.

If it works out, great, waiting period eliminated.

If it doesn't work out, oh well, lessoned learned and all it cost me was lack of access to $20 for a week or two.

"I don't know who told you that you need a second payment method with PayPal, I don't, never needed one."

Nor did I, it is an either/or thing... paypal is my default method of payment unless I change it to a card, if upon doing so eliminate the card as my payment method... i still have a payment method, that being paypal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.