Sign in to follow this  
Sierra Leirdrow

New upgraded skin - dark patches showing through

Question

Strange problem.  Couple things to check that I can think of.  Go to Prefernces/Graphics and check to see if Hardware Skinning is enabled under Avatar Rendering.  If so, turn it off.   The second is in the same location but in the Hardware Options.  See if Enable VBO is checked and uncheck it as well. See if those help.

--Cinn

3 answers to this question

Strange problem.  Couple things to check that I can think of.  Go to Prefernces/Graphics and check to see if Hardware Skinning is enabled under Avatar Rendering.  If so, turn it off.   The second is in the same location but in the Hardware Options.  See if Enable VBO is checked and uncheck it as well. See if those help.

--Cinn

clear your caches, for both viewers, and also force each viewer to use a different cache folder than the other one.  if you set new locations for both caches that will itself clear the caches.

post again if the problem persists.  i am also having some issues with graphics in the beta but only on attachments and huds.

• Like 1

Clearing the cache as Eternus suggested helped a great deal, there was still some funkiness going on with the face, then unchecked the Hardware Skinning box and the beautiful makeup and glowing face came back (on the avatar anyway LOL).  Thanks for the advice!