Why don't SL clubs play music like this???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why not open a club playing that 'pagan musak' and see a) how many people come along and b) how many people keep coming back!

I have heard 'music' a bit like that in some extreme industrial clubs.  There used to be a place called Club Renoise that played estreme industrial.  

I can take hardbeat techno, hardstyle, boom-boom, hardhouse, bounce and all that, but pagan musak really does just sound like the kind of noise nobody would wat to listen to.

lol (:

is a quite interesting effect on your brains after about 20mins in

same effect as the guy nextdoor to me RL who bandsaws firewood in his yard now that winter is come. He need the firewood to sell. so I try make it into something else when he is playing his instruments

can tell what kind of wood he is cutting by the tone and intensity of the bandsaw blade as it sings. Green wood. dry wood. soft wood. hardwood. And sometimes he hit a big knot and the blade screams. Is kinda interesting. like a lead guitar solo when it do that

he have a chainsaw as well which sings different. more like a bass. slower and more down. And a log splitter which when he really gets into it goes lots like a drumkit. He have a real rythmical way of working so I dont mind

it seems like experimental noise music genre.

i used to like that type of music when i was exploring the boundaries of music, considering it a sound or combination of sounds that include a rhythm, harmony, and melody. the genre that you show have a certain distance between sounds, are alike, in its amount of distortion, and probably the artist is trying to deliver a certain feel.

it is music, pushing the boundaries of the non traditional, getting close to not be considered music, only an ordered group of sounds.

people like recognizable things, specially if they are looking for fun, where they don't want to put much effort in discerning a new experience.

there are many people that find fun in challenges and things out of the ordinary, maybe this genre will appeal to them, and a club that play this kind of music may have them as regular guests.

if you can't find a club like that, this is a great opportunity to contribute something different in second life, catering to the tastes of the people that enjoy it.

Kenneth, there are some clubs that play experimental noise and other music that is similarly ear-shattering and transcendental. In my time as a DJ I've not played anything quite that extreme but have been close and have also organised live performances by sound artists who make intriguing noises. I would recommend a trip to Club re:noize which has many DJs playing rhythmic noise tunes that certainly resonate with the frequencies of the music you desire to hear in SL.

• 3 years later...
On 6/21/2014 at 3:42 PM, Kanjena said:

Kenneth, there are some clubs that play experimental noise and other music that is similarly ear-shattering and transcendental. In my time as a DJ I've not played anything quite that extreme but have been close and have also organised live performances by sound artists who make intriguing noises. I would recommend a trip to Club re:noize which has many DJs playing rhythmic noise tunes that certainly resonate with the frequencies of the music you desire to hear in SL.

re:noize is a good one (I also use their radio stream on my land quite often, among others) have a couple of suggestions:  first (modestly) I/we offer a monthly experimental sound/visual film screening 1st Saturdays at our art space in SL, Autonomous Media Playground.. there just happens to be one coming up this Saturday, Jan 6th, 10am if anyone is interested... we show the film in realtime and the audio work this month features SLOW SLOW LORIS (Berlin) and BIG CITY ORCHESTRA (San Francisco)... the second suggestion is a concert space on a sim called RESONANCE that is run by DFM Radio International (Amsterdam) and has weekly experimental live sets inworld (just look for the group DFM RTV INT inworld)...  mind you, these are not weekly or daily "clubs" per se but definitely along the actual experimental noise/sound I think that Kenneth was seeking, and definitely scarce resource among SL from my own experience as a community traveler since 2009, though the ratio has always been small regarding live events in SL.

MOU_amp_promo.jpg

Edited by Ninah Puchkina
  • Like 1

I do like the shuffle dances, and Rita Hayworth is such a Legend! :SwingingFriends:
Since this thread is kinda derailed, and necro'd anyway, I just add another dance video, which I happened to come across. Because just recently, I was watching an old british TV show called 'The Onedin Line' (from the 70's), where the title music is from the Spartacus ballet by Aram Khachaturian. I had to look it up because I think it's a wonderful piece of music.

The video did impress me quite a bit, because it is just pure beautifulness. :$

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.