Being ejected from vehicles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I cross a sim line, there are NO ban lines and NO nearby properties with Ban lines, I get ejected from my vehicle. It doesn't matter if I am driving or if I am a passenger. What is causing this?  I live in an area that is 16 sims combined to make a city and suburbs and there are a lot of drivable roads and it happens everytime. What causes this and how can I fix it?

Sim crossings have always been problematic in SL because one server is handing you off to another and LL just doesn't seem to be able to make the transiton smooth. Go slow over sim crossings to have a better chance of survival.

If you are driving a large or long vehicle than the effect is worse than if your vehicle is more compact.  Also some brands of vehicles are better than others at sim crossings in my experience.

Well, Amethyst is right so far, also a low bandwidth is not helping, for exmaple I have 2mbps down and 230kbps upstream. My connection is also pretty stable, I have only a few very short spikes in packet loss, ping sim is stable around 230 ms (european guy), it works pretty well as long I use SL "normal". I can see when my upstream is getting busy the issues starts, when it reaches like 90% of the bandwidth I see that the packet loss gets worse and also Ping Sim rises... If I wear many attachments and some scripts it will become even worse. Then the servers don't know where you are and you get kicked off the vehicle. Sometimes even logged off. Its also a matter of speed, the faster the worse. So, reduce what you wear, be script free to reduce to load what has to be transfered between the servers and your PC as well and slow down the speed. SL's protocols are also not made for speed optimisation. To turn off HTTP Textures can help a bit as well. Maybe also tell your anti virus not to scan the incoming stream from SL, look at your user manual how to do this. Wifi can be a bit of trouble too, so you might need to switch over to cable. If your bandwidth is close to mine, try to get more speed. A friend of mine doubled his speed fro, 1.5 mbps/150kbps to 3mbps and more than 400 kbps and for him its fine now! And it should be stable, stable, stable.

# don't have any other foxing internet stuff open on your computer but SL

# don't wear any frigging scripts! That means take off AO, dance machines and any scripted clothing or body parts, particularly the old resizer scripts are deadly

# sloooooooow the flock down

# hands OFF the mucking keyboard during the xing

# wait until the transition is fracking complete (see in minimap) before doing anything

# avoid fu**ing 4 way xings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.