T-Shirt Sizes

Jimbo Mimulus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

I've recently found an interest in designing T-shirts (for my own use) and 'thought' i was getting pretty darn good at it too.

Then i realised, that when i wear any trousers other than my fave pvc jeans .... that the shirts aren't quite as long as they should be. I've followed a couple of the tutorials that are available, but to no avail.

Is there anyone out there that knows how to stop me from flashing my midrift when i wear jeans (for example)

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Using the lower body template, you'll need to create a second texture that will be the "lower half" of the Tshirt -- unfortunately, the upper body template ends at precisely the point where the lower body template begins -- ie pants, underwear, etc. Once you've created the lower part of the Tshirt on that template, you can upload it and apply it in one of several ways:

1. Create your Tshirt using the "Jacket" clothing layer, applying your upper body texture to the top half and your lower body texture to the bottom half of the Jacket. In this case, the bottom of the Tshirt will drape over top of your pants layer when you wear it. Unfortunately you won't be able to wear anything over top of the Shirt on the upper body in this case.

2. Create two separate clothing pieces using the two Tshirt textures, applying them to the tshirt & underwear layers or the shirt & underwear layers. In this case the Tshirt will appear to be "tucked" into your pants when you wear it, but it will not contain a gap at the midriff.

Assuming the alpha for your t-shirt goes all the way to the bottom, it's not your shirt that's the problem, it's the pants.  What you can do is make an extension for your shirts using the underwear layer.  Using the lower body template, make a band that goes at least halfway down your AV's hips, using the same texture you did for your t-shirt base.  (Matching up the wrinkles can be tricky, I recommend Robin Wood's templates with the enhanced UV maps for this.)  Then, put your t-shirt on the jacket layer, and voila, nicely tucked-in shirt effect.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.