ADVERTISING ON SECOND LIFE

Sunglow Langer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i  want to promote our venue on second life other than the search page. Who do I talk to about advertising on the main page that opens when you open search with the classifieds and the pictures of places to go?  I can use any help we can get in figuring this out. Thank you. Sunglow Langer

2 answers to this question

Although you should list your venue in Search, you should also take out a Classified ad.  Do this from your Profile.  Your place will get a higher position in the Classifieds if you pay more money, but I would not worry about that.  Only pay a little for your Classified, but be sure both your parcel description and your Classified ad contain as many relevant search terms as you can think of.

Destinations is nice, but it's a crapshoot.  You can submit your venue for consideration, but there's no guarantee when or if Linden Lab will feature it.

Hold events, and be sure to advertise them in the Events calendar.

Be sure to advertise in your Profile (and in the Profile of anyone else associated with your venture!)  Mention your place to everyone you talk to ....work it into the conversation.  Hand out landmarks to everyone you meet.  Offer to send people a group invite.

If you belong to any groups that allow it, make announcements about your venue in their group chat.  But be SURE the group will allow it, and don't abuse the privilege.  You will get kicked out of a lot of groups for unauthorized spamming.

Word of mouth is still the best advertising.  Tell all your friends!  Ask them to tell all THEIR friends!  Make sure any notecards or other ads you give out are copy/transfer, so they can be passed along.

If you have a blog, tout your venue there.

You can include a short blurb about your place in your forum signature.  Then be active on the forums!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.