Modifying a registered viewer...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When the "Registered viewer" policy is implemented (If it isn't already) will it be considered a breach of ToS to login using a viewer that has been "tweaked" a little?

I simply like to remove the preset windlight skies and add my own, I dread to think this would render the viewer unusable or worse.

Thanks in advance

Marie

4 answers to this question

no problem with that.  there's no difference between manually copying windlight xml files into that folder and deleting existing ones, than using the sky editor to do the same thing.

whats more nothing in the policy either (a) requires a viewer to be registered, to access the grid, or (b) forbids any modifications other than those which specifically violate things spelled out in the ToS or the policy.

and to my knowledge no one's ever claimed copyright infringement or any similar thing on any sky settings.

Corvus.Drake wrote:

My worry is more that it will make anyone a pariah for not using a viewer on the list.   "THATS NOT SNOWGLOBE OR SL!  AR AR AR AR AR "

Here's hoping that the new Policy page doesn't become an SL-era  Malleus Maleficarum.

concur, and exactly why every time the registry comes up i make that statement that being on the registry isnt required.  i dont object to there being one, it will help with folks whose thinking works along lines like that to get their lips off the LL nipple a little and go ahead and try third party viewers.  but i hope they never actually make it a requirement, we will lose some really good coders if they do.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.