Tell me this is a bad dream

Rhys Goode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I look at transactions history, for things I have sold on marketplace....

Description: Order #135427nnnn

Item #530nnnn

What the hell did I just sell?  I have to build a database for cross refference?  Now the price is a clue, but really...  the items have name?

Hard to imagine a more opaque reporting system.

Rhys Goode wrote:

When I look at transactions history, for things I have sold on marketplace....

Description: Order #135427nnnn

Item #530nnnn

What the hell did I just sell?  I have to build a database for cross refference?  Now the price is a clue, but really...  the items have name?

Hard to imagine a more opaque reporting system.

I agree Rhys.

Of course I can download the report as someone said, But I actually would love to have all transactions with enough detail in one place as I have an inworld shop as well as marketplace listings. Strangely, it seems no problem for the item name to appear for that transaction.

So, sure I'd love a change to that - maybe there are more important bug fixes to be made first though.

Emma
:)

Remember that blog post about LL saying that their database servers have serious issues?

They're trying to reduce the load on the database servers by not giving you as much information. You have two choices, either get more information and have reduced reliability or reduced information and increase reliability.

I get the feeling LL has just been adding features to websites (and probably backend SL stuff) without thinking of the consequences on other servers.

I would imagine LL will start consolidating things a little better. Notice how friends list is missing from transaction history? We are probably going to lose some features but it is for the goal of stabilizing the service a bit better.

As it stands, you can get transaction history of orders from

1. main account transaction history

2. order history on SLMP

3. transaction history of SLMP

All of these are eating resources that should be freed up to save LL resources so they can provide a more stable service.

LL needs a roadmap of what features they are going to cut to help improve the load on the database system so we can plan around what will be missing. Seeing missing digits for orders wouldn't be bad if we all had a month or so to work around what we knew was coming.

I'd personally be happy if they scraped a bunch of internal LL tools and just gave us all a more robust API so we could make better third party solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

"Remember that blog post about LL saying that their database servers have serious issues?"

Yes agent Yatsenko there are a few names for it. Downsizing, being cheap, short sightedness, investment adverse....

So what are we up to now? 10 sims to an old server? Good thing all the lag is caused at our end.:matte-motes-evil:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.