Is there a way to stop the avatar's head from moving with the mouse?

Autumn Scientist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

ALT-Click on yourself.  The will lock your head forward until you refocus your camera on something else.  There is apparently a setting in the Emerald viewer that allows you to disable the Camera Broadcast as well.  So there maybe a Debug setting in the SL viewer as well, just don't know what it is.   ALT-Click works for me when I need my head to stop moving.

--Cinn

If you use Emerald, why don't you simply disable the transmission of the look at information in preferences, Emerald tab and then I guess Miscellaneous? With the latest release of Emerald, the selection beam will still work properly and the head won't move anymore!

Edit: Oh, didn't see that Cinnamon already mentioned that feature. So I just add, that with Emerald 950 and prior, disabling that feature also breaks the selection beam.

Yep, would like to get that to stop too. Looked all through the debug settings this evening nothing in there about it.

Message was edited by: Faubio Alter      Warning: The Advanced menu and the unique features within it are NOT supported by Linden Lab, because they're intended for technical debugging. You may find the Advanced menu beneficial and we appreciate Residents documenting its use, but we do NOT guarantee it to function correctly. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

I do know about the preferences in Emerald - perhaps I was not clear enough in my question. I was asking about the new (official SL) viewer because I am used to this preference in Emerald, and with the new viewer my head was moving around all over the place and it was annoying me. lol. Thank you for taking the time to answer though, much appreciated!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.