Who has the best Avi Shape store?

Aufstieg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Price doesnt make a difference.

Most of the shapes have problems in the "south area" The models seems to "tear" or "glitch" into multi-polygons while dancing.

Im looking for high cost, realism.

Any one have suggestions?

PS . The shape is being used for Dancing. So a nice butt is also a nice touch :)

(Ive heard good things about LAQ, But there shape demo's arnt working atm.)

I have never brought a shape and always made my own, because we all have the same sliders to adjust it. So I can't recommend any store....why I'm writing here then? Well what you mention here won't go away no matter what shape you use, it sounds more like to are unsatisfied with the general quality of the standart avatar provided by LL. Maybe you should look into mesh avatars or mesh addons for the standart avatar that cover the glitching spaces.

ZyklonBee wrote:

Price doesnt make a difference.

Most of the shapes have problems in the "south area" The models seems to "tear" or "glitch" into multi-polygons while dancing.

Im looking for high cost, realism.

Any one have suggestions?

PS . The shape is being used for Dancing. So a nice butt is also a nice touch
:)

(Ive heard good things about LAQ, But there shape demo's arnt working atm.)

All items that appear as a "shape" in your inventory are technicaly identical and the exact same thing as what you get when you select "Create New Shape" in your inventory. You're only paying for the ability (or lack thereof) of the person manipulating the sliders, which are exactly the sliders you manipulate when editing a shape.

The tearing you see is a problem with all default shapes (ncluding ones in the stores) because the avatar mesh is old and not very well done, and it can be aggravated by many animations.

It sounds like you'd be a good candidate for a mesh shape. They can be made much more smoothly and can use the same animations - I'm familiar with WowMeh shapes, which are much better looking in the body area but can be resized like a default shape and can still use the default head-customization sliders because they use the standard avatar head. Unfortunately WowMeh shapes are temporarily unavailable due to a dispute between the maker and another party.

I'd advise your waiting a month or so before getting any mesh body because both the Slink hand/foot creator and the maker of Belleza skins are planning on releasing new mesh shapes soon and they will probably change the playing field considerably.

ZyklonBee wrote:

PS . The shape is being used for Dancing. So a nice butt is also a nice touch
:)

Avatar's butt is really horrible, no shape adjusting is going to help in that area. But no problem, wear mesh pants. Some of them have very nice butt. Easy way to hide the ugly avatar butt.

Someone said all shapes are the same and need to be adjusted by sliders, but in my own experienced I have not managed to create the sexy butt shape on mine as seeon on other purchsed shapes I see despite playing around with the sliders, I use the default shape of female student avatar from LL, sliders do not give you the shapes some creators have made to sell.

bebejee wrote:

Someone said all shapes are the same and need to be adjusted by sliders, but in my own experienced I have not managed to create the sexy butt shape on mine as seeon on other purchsed shapes I see despite playing around with the sliders, I use the default shape of female student avatar from LL, sliders do not give you the shapes some creators have made to sell.

Every default shape has the same sliders, there is no magic trick to go behond that without using either mesh, a flattering skin or photoshopped vendor pictures. Only thing I ever noticed were "faults" in individual shapes, when I simply couldn't get mesh to match on a certain part, even after adjusting it to numbers that should work.

A bit off topic...but is it just me that starts to think about the OPs name...?

bebejee wrote:

All shapes what you see in Second Life are based on the exact same default avatar shape. It is just a matter of skillfully adjusting the sliders to get pleasing result. No designer has any other than the default shape to work on with.

Note: It is not just the shape what determines how the avatar looks. The skin plays also a big role there. Exactly the same adjustments in a shape will look somewhat different with different skins. For example by using different highlighting and shadowing in different skins exactly the same shape can appear to be quite different. Those higlightings and shadowings will trick our eye to see what actually is not in the shape itself.

• Like 1

bebejee wrote:

You basically have butt size, hip length, hip width, leg muscles, saddle bags on the leg menu to fiddle with. You can play around with body fat on the main menu too. With them you can recreate any butt you can buy. In particular don't neglect the hip length, shortening that might create the butt shape you are after.

As Coby says...shading on your skin is also important. If you still can't recreate what you can see on others take a look at some other demo skins and see if you can with them.

bebejee wrote:

Yes they do, unless it is actually a mesh shape. You just have to practice, practice, practice. It's a mthod of trial and error. But *everyone has the same opportunity to create shapes, it's the skill level that varies.

I make shapes for sale. Yes, everyone "can" play with the sliders and get shape, but getting the proportions right can make a difference, and that takes time and practice.

As for the tearing, it's her skin. The avi is the muscle and bones under the skin, if you will. The skin gives the details. On a male avi, you can max out the muscle size on the avi, but if you don't have a skin that has the shading for muscle details, all you have are fat arms.

Because there aren't enough polygons in certain regions and some skin makers get carried away when they paint in the female genital area, when you move, the skin gets stretched and you get some odd shading. One thing that will help with that is a good skin. For a dancer, the investment in a good skin is paramont. You can't get away with some of the cheapies around. There are inexpensive alternatives, but she needs to expect to spend, unless the designer has a special somewhere like OMG, Designers Circle, Collabor88 etc. or a sale going on such as Rockberry has at the time of this writing, a minimum of 800L or so.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Yes, everyone "can" play with the sliders and get shape, but getting the proportions right can make a difference, and that takes time and practice.

One of the easiest ways to get the avatar proportions right is this:

• Find a full frontal photo (preferably nude or in swimwear), or take one from yourself

• Upload it to SL and put it on prim face

• Enlarge the prim so that the photo is exactly the height what you want your avatar to be

-- do not stretch the prim in one direction only, crab in one of the white corner markers

-- then the photo is not distorted as prim enlarges to all directions

• Put your avatar on a pose stand, preferably one in which you can adjust the leg separation and arms position

• Place the prim with the photo next to yourself

• Start adjusting the shape sliders

• Do it so long until the avatars proportions are as close as possible with the photo's proportions

• Congratulations! Now you have a realistically proportioned shape on your avatar.

This is the easiest method to get the proportions right for anybody who is not an artist and who does not know how the human proportions should be. It is good to have also full side photo and full back photo for further reference. With this method anybody should be able to adjust realistic proportions on the shape.

The hardest part perhaps is the face, to get nice pleasing features on it on. That needs a lot of work, artistic eye and skills.

Here is an example what I did (in the photo: left my avatar, on the right real woman):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94297464@N02/13785050634/

Pretty close match with avatar's vs real woman's proportions. And it was not hard at all. Needs just some patience and time adjusting the sliders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.