Question: Nvidia GT 625

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone -
I have a quick question regarding the following graphics card: Nvidia GT 625.
I was wondering how well, or how badly can it play SL with medium graphics: (Including Atmospheric Shaders.) Does it have a smooth performance? or does it lag terribly?

Currently I'm on a computer with Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS and runs medium settings fairly ok. So I thought, as this card is older then Nvidia GT 625 should be able to deliver a better performance with medium settings.

But to be completely sure, I decided to ask on the forums. If you have this graphics card, please let me know your experience.

its always my recommendation that if you're getting a computer to play a video game, you get a card to support video games. You'll want to look for the GTX series cards, not GT. For a comparison 

http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/GeForce-GT-625

I don't know how much the price difference of each of these is. But if the gt 630 isn't hugely more expensive I would recommend that over the 625, and of course GTX always over GT For most cards.

For Nvidia cartds.....the 2nd digit  indicates the performance /speed of the  graphic card.  625 is very low performance card.
(lower numbers for 2nd digit is lower performance and vice versa)

I would recommend that if your buying a new card ..... to get at least a  550,650 or 750 .  these  can be found for just under $100 usd. But you need at least a 400 watt power supply. 500 watt PS  would be better.

Hi Bruno,

Here's a website dedicated to graphics system comparisons...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net

And here's their searchable table of results...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

Which shows your 8400 GS scoring 115, which is... umm... dreadful... and on a par with my eight year old Mac laptop.

The GT 625 scores 422, which is similar in performance to current generation Intel integrated graphics systems.

As recommended elsewhere, a GTX650TI reaches 2708 and can be had for $110. That's 6x better performance (on benchmarks ;-) for 2x more money. I imagine you mention the GT625 because it dropped in your lap, I can't find them for sale anywhere. If so, it's certainly an improvement over what you've got.

King of the heap is the GTX780TI @ 8957. This shows you how much variability there is in GPU performance. From the GT625 to the GTX780TI is an improvement of more than 20x!

This doesn't mean SL will run 20x faster, but it will run faster on a better card.

Happy hunting!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.