Win 7/ Vid card help

SieadLR Aya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Having a bit of trouble with my hubs pc, figured i would hit up here.

he has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 card, which ran with SL beautifully until we upgraded the pc to windows 7. all the drivers are updated, however It keeps saying that the drivers are not updates or may not be installed properly or may need  to be reinstalled. This is also the only game that is erroring with the card, but it shouldnt be a compatibility issue since it worked fine with SL when we were still running xp.

we are both confused, but he cant look at it until he gets home from work, so im stuck in the real world for now >.< *laughs*

4 answers to this question

I would try reinstalling the NVidia drivers. Make sure you have the latest from the NVidia site. UNinstall the existing video drivers under control panel > software. DO NOT just install over them. Then install the new drivers. I am running Win7 and NVidia and have no issues.

In addition to the previous poster's suggestion, I would go as far as to say use Driver Cleaner to wipe your video drivers entirely, instead of just typically uninstalling them.

Of course, that is if just uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't work.

Also using Win7 here, and my GPU is older than yours, so it must be a driver issue. Hope you get it working!

Is this just a message you get when you log in or launch SL but it still allows you to log in successfully?  If it is your problem  may not a problem at all.  Just the client software seeing your card and its driver but not seeing it (them) on the tested data base.  The card is pretty new and so is Windows 7.......LL is not overly quick about testing all configurations and updating those data files.

I had a video card failure almost a year ago and temporary had to go to my onboard graphics until I got my replacement card.  I got that message when I changed to the onboard and again when my replacement card came and I installed it.  In both cases there was a box to check "don't show this message again".   I checked it and had no further messages.........and no problems either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.