How long does it take for a response to a case?

Dridgefullette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I've had an account for more than a year, but I haven't been on it for about a year, and I sent a case report with the Type: Reactivate Old Account. I was wondering if anyone's had prior experience with this and could tell me how long it took for them to get their old account reactivated. I'll be playing on this new account for a while untill I can get my old account back... I've been waiting about a day and a half already. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

A day and a half isn't long yet.  Linden Lab deals with urgent things first -- things like sims off line.  Those get attention within a half hour or less.  Things that will take an age to figure out  -- like repairing a busted trolley -- can take years.  In between are the more or less normal things like reactivating an old account.  Those can typically take a few days to a week or so, depending on how busy things are.  If you haven't heard by the end of the week, try opening your case and adding a polite tickler message.

Good luck. If they are having any trouble verifying that you are the account owner, or if the account can't be reactivated properly, they will get back to you with questions. BTW, you know that there's no guarantee that you'll still have all your inventory, right?

Well, I got my old account back, but all my money is gone and I only have about 3 outfits including the starter outfit... I guess I'll just continue with my new account. I already have more things in my inventory than this account... Thanks for your help anyways Rolig Loon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.