Need someone for a possible mesh fix.

adriannesuz McMinnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased a mesh template which seems to have a small mistake on the M and L size. (I tried the S size demo before purchasing)  Anyway, it seems like there is a small spot which is unrigged and the material stretches a bit on the breast during movement.  Well, I don't know a thing about making mesh and I apologize if this is a stupid question.  Is it possible with the .obj file to fix this small mistake?  I really love the template and I don't want to compromise quality for my customers.  Is there anyone willing to try and how much would it cost?  The original creator is unavailable. Thank you!

Unless you are allowed to send the files to other avis then most people wont help you im afraid.  

If you are allowed to send the files then the obj wont really be that much help as whoever you send it to will need to rerig the whole thing.  Dae file is what you would need to be sending over to someone.

The only other thing I can say is send the creator a NC with pics of where the problem area is and hopefully the will fix it. 

EDIT

Never saw the bit about not being able to contact the creator.

adriannesuz McMinnar wrote:

I have the DAE file as well, but I thought the .Obj would be more useful.  Obviously, I know very little about mesh building.  
:P

Notwithstanding the other comments, there may be an issue even with the DAE file.  If it has been exported from Blender 2.63, that version misses out two key chunks from the DAE file structure.  It imports into SL ok so you can appear as creator but is a swine to import into other tools that expect proper DAE content.  It can be done, I spent 7 hours one day, hand editing the DAE file just out of pure bloody mindedness.

The creator of that particular DAE thought that DAE was an export only format and couldn't be re-imported and refused to re-export with a current version of blender.

You may run into that...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.