Bought Land + Skybox and Lost Skybox

Chriss Ranica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone..

I'm new to buying land and all that. I bought this Land + skybox and I tp'd out of the skybox before I set a landmark to it. Now when I tp to my property it takes me to an empty lot that I own and not the skybox. I have a bunch of objects in the skybox so I'm guessing I can track it that way? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm not really sure how exactly to work this in the search boxes.

thanks!!

5 answers to this question

More than likely the skybox is high up in the air...

Fly up over your parcel until you find it, the top of the viewer shows the parcel name you are in, (that will make it easier to be sure it's your skybox on your land).

If it's higher than 300m you will need some sort of flight assist, Flight Feather is free and works well.

It's somewhere between ground level and 4000m in the air.

Turn up your draw distance enough if need be, so that all of your land is within rez range, place your back toward one of the parcel boundaries so you're looking inward, and start flying straight up until you spot it. (note the flight feather advice above).

Or if you're lazy like me, rez a cube at ground level, sit on it and while in edit mode, set it's Z position to 4000m. Instant elevator! Then stand up (flying), delete the cube, and freefall while looking around on the way down. On a small parcel you might even land on the same skybox you're looking for.

It's really not as complicated as I just made it sound.

• Like 1

One very fast way to find it.

At ground, rez a single prim and sit on it.

Edit the z-value of the prim to 4096. That's the maximum height.

You will be carried up there with your prim. You might have to hit the escape key to get your camera to go up there too...

Delete the prim you were on. You'll start falling. Sooner or later you smack into the roof of the box, or pass it by. If you pass it by, hit fly ASAP, and remember your height (if you have a flight feather, just fly back up from there until you reach it).

- Assuming you lack a flight feather... then when you get to ground, do the edit prim trick again, but set the z-value to about 50 above the height you were at, and then move that prim up and down until you see your skybox, and then, still sitting on the prim, edit it until you are put inside of your skybox.

You skybox should have come with some kind of teleportation system... likely there is a teleporter in the box, and another one at ground, or you were given one to rez at ground...

If not... there are plenty on the market, and even some free ones.

You could also IM me the location of your plot, and I could tell you where your skybox is next time I'm on, if you haven't found it by then...

- I've done things like this to myself enough times that I've gotten good at location that single missing prim in some 4096m of space...

• Like 1

Chriss:

I sent you in-world the Flight Feather that someone gave me when I was first rezzed in case you hadn't found one yet.  Just wear it and you'll be able to fly as high as you need.

Also, check your "World > About Land" to see if you are listed as the owner.  If so, then you should be able to set your home teleport to your skybox if you'd like. If you're not technically the owner, and the Teleport Routing for the parcel isn't set to "Anywhere," (Under the World > About Land > Options tab) you may need to have your landlord set the Landing Point for you so you can TP there directly.  Or, you could buy/find a teleporter to use to get back up there as well.

Best wishes and enjoy your new land and skybox!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.