I'm trying to set up a TV on my parcel. Can anyone advise me on how to do it? Setup but not working

Donwand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the TV setup and controls on it set, but my viewer (FS) shows no media or sound for my parcel.   What else do I need to do?

I don't see how to reply to Lindall's post, so I'll reply here.  Thank you, Lindall for your reply.  The  land is in my name, not a groups..  Still at square 1, trying to figure this out.

6-8-2014:  Lindal, thanks so much for your help.  I don't have it working yet, but I do appreciate all the help you have provided.  I have the media type, under "About Land", set to "Web content".  What shows out beside that is "text/html".  I think I have the screen set to what it should be in the same section.  The Media URL is "nathomecenter.com".  It seems I can't play video or audio anywhere. ??????????  Why is this I wonder?   I am being notified at every where I go that the media and audio is being blocked.  ?????????  I went to NHC's store to see if I could play their TV there, but I can't. 

6-8-2014:  It's now working.  I had to uncheck "Enable Media Filter" under "Sound and Media" in Preferences. 

Thanks so much for all your help.  It is very much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

If you are on group owned land, you must deed the TV to the group.  Wear your group tag, and edit the TV.  In the General tab, click the Set to Group button, and then check the Deed box when it goes live.

If you can't deed the TV, you will have to ask your landlord to give you the appropriate group ability.

EDIT TO ADD:  You did exactly right to edit your post to add information.  The Answers forum doesn't allow you to add posts to a thread you start.  (darn it!)

OK, so deeding the TV isn't the problem.  Two things to do next.  First, check About Land/Media on your land parcel.  Make sure that the media type is set to Web, and make sure that the media texture shown is the "black screen" texture for your TV.  Ensure the media URL is not "hidden".  (If you have a different brand of TV available, try it.  If it works, the problem is not your land settings or your personal media settings, but the TV.)

Second, go somewhere else where there is a TV of the same brand as yours (probably the store where you bought it.)  Can you see the TV, hear the audio, and operate the controls?  If not, check your own media settings in Preferences/Sound and Media, and check the audio and media setup on your computer.  Make sure you can see/hear media from other web sources.  You could also try REDUCING your bandwidth in Preferences/Network and Cache a bit.  That setting should be at 1500 or less.  It determines how much bandwidth is used for seeing the world, and if that is too high, there won't be enough left for streaming media or music.

If you CAN use another TV in another location, then first carefully re-read the instructions that came with the TV.  Make sure you have followed all the directions.  For example, some TVs are just display screens, and must be used with a second object, a "receiver."  If you still can't get it going, contact the creator and request help.

NOTE:  If your TV is, by chance, an earlier model of the LEVAHOME brand, all of mine have nearly stopped working.  I get the menus, but the choices don't "tune" anything.  There is a newer model out, but I'm seriously thinking of switching brands rather than re-purchasing their rather pricey item.  However, their customer support is usually very helpful, if you have the current model.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.