Why are some group notices not going to my email?

Sofia Diage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I receive offlines and group notices to email but there's some groups that never work.  I will log in and see 10 notices and not one was delivered offline, even though other groups have been sent successfully.  All the settings are the same, receive group notices and IMs, and offlines to email set via web.

Any thoughts?  One thing I did notice is that the group I noticed it happening with consistently is one I was added to within the last couple of months.  Unfortunately this is the one I really would like to get offline.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 answers to this question

I assume that you are getting notices from the group when you are logged in to SL.  If not, open the group's profile page and be sure that you haven't UNchecked the box to receive group notices.  If you are receiving them, you should then check to be sure that they aren't just piling up in your viewer.  Check the notices icon in the upper (or lower) right corner of your screen to see how many messages you have forgotten to delete. You should make a practice of emptying that queue before you log out, so they don't block further incoming notices.  Unlike IMs, which are capped at 25, group notices can continue to stack up and may eventually create unforeseen problems -- including making it impossible to log in.

• Like 1

I have done all of the above and clear out notices daily. I do get notices from some groups to email with no issues and then will log in to see earlier notices from the trouble groups which were not sent to email, so it's not an issue of them stacking up. I am really at a loss.

Me too. It sounds like you should probably submit a JIRA report on this one. It may take a long time to resolve. Be sure that your report is well documented. The more specific details the techs have to work with, the easier it will be for them to track down the cause.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.